Sign in to follow this  
sparkomatic

Su-15 radar looks "slimed"

Was wondering if there is a fix for the Su-15 radar. Heard that some changes were made from tga to bmp after a patch, but when I switched the radar.tga for a radar.bmp (a la MiG23) it looked the same. There are some other tga in the Su-15 cockpit folder, are these causing it?

Any help would be appreciated

cheers

Looks like

radarFrame.tga

reticle.tga

sightreflection.tga

then

rwrGreen.tga

rwrRed.tga

rwrYellow.tga

Seems like they should not affect it, but I changed out the radar.tga with a radar.bmp from MiG-23 and the issue remained

actually I do not have photoshop, only MSPaint and it cannot see a tga file, so no go for me.

I know, funny that I have 3ds Max 8 and not photoshop...

MS paint will do

make a new bmp with it, 128x128, color it all black, save it as radar.bmp and put it into the cockpit folder ( or simply get a radar bmp from anothe rplane and rename ect...)

then, open the avionics.ini and in the 2nd line from top, change the file name so that it reads ..... radar.BMP instead of ... TGA.

that should be all.