Sign in to follow this  
sparkomatic

Novels

OK, I know this is a sim forum, but anyone else read the novels? A friend suggested the series a couple of years ago and I have read like 32 books now.

Oh, I've only read...all of them. :wink: Well, with the exception of the young adults/childrens books, of which I read like 3 or 4 total over the past 15 years.

Of course, some are better than others, but you can bet the Zahn ones will rock!

Yeah, I read the Young Adult books by Jude Watson because she carried the Qui-Gon story as well as the young Obi Wan story.

Yep, Zahn is still my favorite, but I also like Luceno, Stackpole, and that dude that wrote Path of Destruction. man, PoD was so good, I literally read like 3/4 of it in an afternoon...I really liked how they finally explained what a force user experiences...that whole "opened himself to the force" is a bit creepy to me, but in PoD they truly explained it.

And how can a character compare to Thrawn?

I never read any of Watson's books, but I had to draw a line somewhere...I'm running out of space!

The guy who wrote PoD (and the new Rule of Two I've yet to read, but it's on my shelf!) is the guy behind the Knights of the Old Republic RPGs, which had AWESOME stories, even though KOTOR2 got cut short by LA's insistence on releasing it just one year after KOTOR in time for Xmas. :(

- didnt he write for Baldur's Gate also?

- I think you will like Watson's work, though I have not figured out how they were classed as "young adult", except that they are in the 100 - 200 page category...seems like they should throw them all into a trade-novel. I especially liked how your avatar was a farmer until Qui Gon came along

Yeah. for me, after KOTOR there was doubt if anything could match it because IMNSHO, it was the best story since Empire Strikes Back.

I've only read Zahn's novels, and not all of them - still have to get my hands on "Survivor's Quest" and "Allegiance"... When George Lucas made known that he wouldn't make episodes VII, VIII and IX, there was a poll at Starwars.com as to which stories should be picked to succeed the original master's one, and Timothy Zahn's stories won that poll I think... He's really good... It was a shame that Thrawn's clone was killed in "Vision of the Future", his character is definitely my favourite...

Allegiance is completely different...did you ever read Fool's Gamble? same sort of thing where he takes a few stormtroopers and makes them human

And Outbound Flight was awesome too