Hello! I have a UH-1H Huey that I had download somewhere (I don't remember). I have installed it in WoV and tweaked a little (adding weapons for gunship missions), but it has only a black Special Operations skin. Is there any Army or Marine skin for it? I tried to add some UH-1B skins, but doesn't work (parts of the helicopter without skin).

With that and others helicopters (AH-1G for example), and Infantry mod, I'm making a helicopter campaing. Thank you!

Change the bmps to UH-1H instead of UH-1B, that should do it. If not, someone with more experience can help u, just a though I had with the Hips that I had to do too

Other helicopter question: I have the OH-1A from this site. It's nice, but there are a couple of bugs: the gunners weapons are 23 mm guns instead M60 guns (easy to fix), and the gunners are not skinned (they are white). There are some files in the download to copy in the aircraft folder for the gunners skin, but they doesn't work

im more intersted in FM now :s

somewone know if kreelin will release the UH-1 FM?

You mean an OH-6.

As for the Huey skin, make your own. Create a new psd template following these steps:

1) Open existing skin bmps in Photoshop or other image program that allows mulitple layers

2) create new layer

3) draw in several thousand rivets

4) create new layer

5) draw in several hundred lines

6) create new layer, under the lines and rivets

7) paint new layer to desired color

8) "Save As..." - most important step to keep the layers - psd file (for photoshop users - your program will most likely be different

After experimenting with how it looks in-game;

9) add painted on marking via seperate layer in psd, or

9a) plot decal positions via trial and error (also create decals.ini)

9b) create new decals.

There you have it....

How do you think I did the skins for the Scorpion, Zero, Stuka, Vampire and a many others, where no template exists???

oh, I forgot one...

10) prepare to go blind trying to get the lines and rivets straight :cool: Have large bottle of asprin handy, or favorite VERY alcholic drink. (which, unfortunately, I can't)

For good skinning tutorials, go the simmerspaintshop.com -- I can't reccomend them enough as a resource!!!

As for Kreelins FM, I'm pretty sure that's YAP only (but not certain). You'll have to check with them on that. Remembe, too, helo FMs are at best 'half-way', as the engine really dosen't support them (albeit some folks DO have them working, and working pretty damn well!)

Wrench

kevin stein

Guest capun
Other helicopter question: I have the OH-1A from this site. It's nice, but there are a couple of bugs: the gunners weapons are 23 mm guns instead M60 guns (easy to fix), and the gunners are not skinned (they are white). There are some files in the download to copy in the aircraft folder for the gunners skin, but they doesn't work

The OH-6A package has been updated.

The gunner skin (Rooney01.bmp) has to be in the Vietnam texture folder. And if you have the current weapon pack, use the 7.62MM_M60 gun for the gunner

Wrench, use the path tool! Use the paaaath toooooool!!!

Thank you all! Capun, the LOACH is fine now! A pity you haven't included the cockpit you have in your site. I have tried to download it but it has a password. Is it payware or something like that?

Well, with the Huey I'll follow the skinner way...but I'm a crappy skinner.

I'm loving the choppers very much. It's very funny dodging AAA and attacking ground targets. After many years of simming, I'm discovering helicopters

Yes, indeed....the path tool is something I must learn ... I've never used it before (strange, huh??)

Wrench

kevin stein

Well, with the Huey I'll follow the skinner way...but I'm a crappy skinner.

I might have a UH-1H somewhere I did awhile back lemme look see.

EDIT: Nope wasn't a UH-1H.... but I looked and it came with a USMC skin that is olive drab in color. You sure thats the -1H that you have?

Well, Bad Frank has sent me a good Marine skin. Thanks, Frank!

Well, Bad Frank has sent me a good Marine skin. Thanks, Frank!

No Problem!

But remember what i said: it´s not my work and i don´t know who did these skin!

So don´t release it to the Public without a go from the autor!

Don't worry. Exploring the downloads area I have discovered a Tet Offensive campaing. It seems more or less as my campaing idea. Maybe I just play this campaing, adding a couple of units with Uh-1H and Loach (I love these two). Of course, I won't release it to the public, because it's other man work.

Yes, indeed....the path tool is something I must learn ... I've never used it before (strange, huh??)

Wrench

kevin stein

Not so strange, I still catch myself drawing things manually before it hit's me...hmm use the path tool :biggrin:

Great job on the MiG-17/19 templates btw. :good: