Sign in to follow this  
Atreides

For the Dawn of War fan's

Great news for those of us who can't get enough of the franchise...

Soul Storm

Edited by Atreides

I can't wait either. I have them all.

Same here, though I was hoping the Tyranids would show up...

No, there won't be any Tyranid's as per Relic in the present Dawn Of War series, at all. Relic has stated in their forum's that they feel the present engine of DOW just doesn't do justice to the Tyranid's and if and when there is a DOW 2 (with obviously new engine) that's when the nid's will make their appearance.

I own all three of them but, Winter Assault was just too short and furious, I honestly like DOW and Dark Crusade the most.

I own all three of them but, Winter Assault was just too short and furious, I honestly like DOW and Dark Crusade the most.

Scruffy seconds. Didn't much like how the Imperial Guardsmen were so easily killed. Excellent series though! One I never thought I'd get into...

Scruffy seconds. Didn't much like how the Imperial Guardsmen were so easily killed. Excellent series though! One I never thought I'd get into...

As Table Top 40K IG commander I take offense, the IG has the finest flack jackets the planet Guz Daon has to offer. Seriously, I do play IG in miniature and find the vehicle armament options lacking. I hope that this will be changed.

BTW,

One of my modified Leman Russ MBT's

You really can't see the battle damage I added but I built my armor like I would a scale model, painted/weathered/"lived in". I have at last count, 6 Leman Russ,12 Chimera, 2 Salamander, 3 custom gun trucks, 3 Griffon, 3 custom (homemade) Basilisk and enough IG Troopers to scare the S**t out of Horus himself.

I was a former table-top player myself, did space marines and have an army in a box somewhere that's pretty sizable. I'm pretty happy that the series has so much acclaim on the computer now: don't need to buy expensive models! And I slowed down table top operations around when 3rd edition came out (what are they on now, 5th?) when they removed all the special weapons and distinct army capabilities (this counts as a power fist, that as a bolter/storm bolter, no we don't use the other 20 types of grenades or missiles anymore...and everyone moves the same distance...bummer).

Atreides, I think I remember hearing something about the tyranids no-show a little while ago, thanks for confirming.

With all the talk about the new DoW release I decided to get the complete collection and install that, all went fine until I came to adding the second CD key. The installer was asking for five sets of characters and the book only had 4. Sent a message to THQ about my problem Saturday, Monday had a new key in my e-mail. For support THQ is up there in my opinion, I expected a smart-ass cop-out or a lot of hoop jumping but not a new key, sent on a holiday. Not too bad for this day and age.