Hallo pilots :yes:

This is another try to edit exists pit for good plane :wink:

There is no original Su-7 cockpit in SFP1 series. We are standardly using Armourdaves Su-17 pit:

Su-17pit.jpg

I found some Su-7BKL cockpit photos:

http://www.aviation.ru/jno/Prague98/su7bkl_cockpit.jpg

http://apolo.koprivnice.org/walkarounds/Su-7/wa_su7.htm

I have read about very similar cockpit construction used in Su-7 and Su-15 (these bird are differrent, I know :yes: Su-7 is bomber and Su-15 is interceptor)

Well, this is Su-15 cockpit made by Boopidoo:

Su-15tm.jpg

I used it for Su-7 with A-4B avionics:

pitsu.jpg

There is no radar scope and different gunsight in Su-7 of course. We can make new gunsight.tga but we can not delete radar.

What do you think about that?

I am working on czechoslovak Su-7BM/BKL silver skin (based on Wrenchs templates). So this is reason why I have idea about Su-7 cockpit.

bmbkl.jpg

Edited by kukulino

are you going to post it? :please:

Yes, of course :biggrin:

But I need some consultations with my Czech and Slovak friends about some details (serial nums, colours, units, service years - because Su-7s were painted with camo camouflages in Czechoslovak Air Force later - etc.).

And we have idea about Czechoslovak campaign... So more to come in the future from czechoslovak community for you here, I hope :biggrin:

Edited by kukulino

What about using 'moves' like Lexx does, and just drop the radar scope out of sight?? Unfortuantely, that'll leave a big hole in the middle

Of coures, in a pinch that crappy russianized Skyhawk pit could be used (like it is for everything else!!! :haha: )

The major problems I see with using Boopidoo's Flagon pit are:

1) permissions for release

2) the aforementioned radar

3) it's a twin engine gauged pit

Personally, I still like the idea of using ADs Su-17 pit.

Glad you could make use of the templates!!! :ok:

Wrench

kevin stein

Hi Wrench :biggrin:

I do not want to upload Boopidoos pit. We have good edits in Mig-21MF pit, which we can use as Mig-23 pit. Paladrian edited his pit by deleting some things, and we have nice Mig-23 pit (not the same of course) for this time. So, there is similar way to edit Su-15 pit maybe. But we need original modder to make some changes of course.

I have much better feeling in "new Su-7" pit.

And Su7 cockpit construction is very, very similar (I have read the same, but it is not right I suppose). But avionics and panels are different (very different :haha: )

BTW, ADs Su-17 pit is very good. But I used it for Su-17, Su-22 and a few months ago for Mig-23 series too. So I want to try little change :wink:

And BIG TAHNX for your Su-7 templates :ok:

Edited by kukulino

Kukulino, you can use the MiG-21F-13 C cockpit since it looks almost the same for it.

Maybe you can use the sight I gave ya for it :victory:

Kukulino, you can use the MiG-21F-13 C cockpit since it looks almost the same for it.

Maybe you can use the sight I gave ya for it :victory:

Hi my friend :biggrin:

Yes, it is another possible way :yes: But there are no frames on the canopy. I can ignore radar scope and original gunsight in Su-15 pit. But I have no photo Su-7BM/BKL gunsight. There were different gunsight types on these planes.

Edited by kukulino

Use the 'moves' and twist the canopy frame out of sight....that's how the original F-16 pits were done 2-3 years ago (based of F-4).

Once you find the mesh name,drop if from sight

edit:

Rats, my Spainish is really bad (as in only bad words!!)

Since we don't have the out file to translate, I can't find the framing mesh names. I think it's related to these:

Instrument[093]=Canopy_Abre01

Instrument[094]=Canopy_Abre02

Instrument[095]=Canopy_Abre03

Instrument[096]=Canopy_Abre04

Instrument[097]=Canopy_Abre05

Instrument[098]=MandoVertical

Instrument[099]=MandoHorizontal

IIRC, 'abre' is OPEN (one of my favorite phrases is "abre las ojos" (sp?).

MandoVertical and

MandoHorizontal

might be the frames...but which ones?? Windshield, or canopy?

once those are found, you'd do something like this: (this is borrowed from the old F-16B IAF)

Instrument[0**]=MoveCanopyStrut

Instrument[0**]=MoveFrontStrut

and then add the new 'insturments' at the end of the llist:

[MoveCanopyStrut]

Type=AIRSPEED_INDICATOR

NodeName=FrontFrame

MovementType=POSITION_Y

Set[01].Position=-100

Set[01].Value=0.0

Set[02].Position=-99

Set[02].Value=1.0

[MoveFrontStrut]

Type=AIRSPEED_INDICATOR

NodeName=CanopyFrame

MovementType=POSITION_Y

Set[01].Position=-100

Set[01].Value=0.0

Set[02].Position=-99

Set[02].Value=1.0

of course, having the correct node name. Maybe Paladrain can tell us??

This isn't much different than what Lexx_Luthor has been doing with is cockpit mods (and what he usef for that Corsair Nightfighter cockpit he modded for me!)

Wrench

kevin stein

I am sorry, but I wrote something no good, I think. Thre are no frames on the Mig-21F canopy. On Su-7 and Su-15 are many frames. I am sorry again :not_i:

And this edit is new for me. I did not hear obout that Wrench. Really interesting. There are more planes without canopy frames in the download section and without own cockpit too - Aero L-29, L39 for example.

Mmm, and my english is little bit better than my spanish. I do not understand spanish language :no:

I tried change some things in Su-15 pit. I used Gepards Setka.TGA for test. Su-7 attack with S-24 rockets:

Attacks24.jpg

I can use russian insignia or serial number placed on the radar scope to mask radar :rolleyes:

Like this:

star3.jpg

But default radar scope looks little bit better, I think :haha:

Edited by kukulino

Try this in Su-15 cockpit.ini

:

:

Instrument[125]=Move1

:

:

:

at the bottom of the file, add the following...

[Move1]

Type=AIRSPEED_INDICATOR

NodeName=radarBox

MovementType=POSITION_Z

Set[01].Position=-99

Set[01].Value=0.0

Set[02].Position=-99

Set[02].Value=1.0

Hi Lexx :yes:

Thank you for help :ok:

I searched for some Su-7 pit info in your topic on Thirdwire pages. Found, and you are using ADs pit too. I found it on 25th page there: http://bbs.thirdwire.com/phpBB/viewtopic.p...c&start=192

Well, we have very nice pit now for Su-7 :biggrin:

This is with gerald14s gunsight (from our Mig-21 pack WIP) and without radar box

zamik.jpg

But there is old gunsight model in the front view:

navyse.jpg

But I do not know if it is possible move it too. I do not know which NodeName= is needed. Or it is impossible :dntknw:

If it is possible, than we will have very good pit model for Su-7.

Some ini changes needed with twin engine conception to adapt pit for Su-7 model maybe. Or not maybe.

BTW, I found another nice Su-7 pit photos (not only Su-7 pit):

http://www.mzak.cz/kbely2007/

And on the other hand, Su-15 pit without radar box with its twin engine conception is still fully usable for Il-28!!!!! It was usable with radar box too, I know :biggrin: But it is better now, I think :yes:

Edited by kukulino

Try theese node names for gunsight:

gunsightHUDglass

gunsightBox

gunsightPanelMount

gunsightMount

gunsightHUDMount01

gunsightHUDbottom

gunsightHUDtopside

gunsightAdjustknob

gunsightPanel

Try theese node names for gunsight:

gunsightHUDglass

gunsightBox

gunsightPanelMount

gunsightMount

gunsightHUDMount01

gunsightHUDbottom

gunsightHUDtopside

gunsightAdjustknob

gunsightPanel

Thanx, I am going to try them :yes:

Edit: have it :clapping:

Instrument[126]=Move2

[Move2]

Type=AIRSPEED_INDICATOR

NodeName=gunsightBox

MovementType=POSITION_Z

Set[01].Position=-99

Set[01].Value=0.0

Set[02].Position=-99

Set[02].Value=1.0

nosight.jpg

Thanx Brain32 again :good: I will try delete that "shadow", and "new" Su-7 pit will be close to finish :yes:

Edit: to delete shadow on "HUD" we need delete sightReflection.TGA in the cockpit folder

Edited by kukulino

So, let's go to try make difference between Su-7BM and Su-7BKL gunsight.

Su-7BM used ASP-5ND gunsight (this gunsight was used in Mig-21F-13 I think) and PKB-1 for bombing (changed to PBK-2 in later series). Well, we can delete gunsight model, but radar box we can use as ASP-5ND gunsight box:

With Red star:

shviezdou.jpg

With default Su-15 radar.tga:

sradarom.jpg

Or without radar box ---- see previous post.

But there is no camera ("that silver thing on the cockpit right side" :haha: ) of course. And there is no chance to import it, I think.

BKL version in general has better PBK-2 sight, 6 pylons (BM four), two parachutes (BM one only), and BKL has two skis mounted on the gear.

I have no photos Su-7BM/BKL gunsights "in action".

It is possible made skis, and install them on main gear as another weapon station (see f-6 pylons) but I do not know how retract them with gear :haha: , similar with box for parachutes (not necessary, we can not copy drag schute from existing workable models, it is part of Aicraft.LOD file I think. I played with animation keys but no success. See topic about schutes here: http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=22086 ).

This is just idea.

Edited by kukulino

Hallo 76.IAP-Blackbird :biggrin:

Well, my primary ideas were skins for Su-7. This cockpit "adaptation" was somethig like "BTW" :biggrin:

But looks good, I think :haha: We finish it as soon as possible, I hope too :yes:

But I do not want upload it :no:

This is something like "how to" topic :wink:

Edited by kukulino

Would be nice if was uploaded, but I will do whatever I have to for that to work for mine too

If you`re not uploading it, would you send it to me?!

OK. If you like this mod, I can ask for permissions to upload it in the near future. And if I will get permissions it is not problem upload it of course. If I do not get permissions , you can make edits accordig to this topic, I think. But Su-7 pit edit is not complete (but this is too good pit to use this simply edits as official mod)

Well, Gerald14s and Gepards TGAs on "HUD" are looking good.

ASP-5ND gunsight is the same in Su-7 and Mig-21F-13 too. I have read that PKB-1/2 gunsight is special for Nuke bombs...

So, we do not need it.

We need ASP-5ND. All I have is great Paldrians Mig-21F cokpit. There is nice ASP-5ND box, but I can not import it. And camera too. So we can try TGAs from Mig-21F cockpit.

Su-7 pit with Mira.TGA from Paladrians Mig-21F cockpit (ASP-5ND):

SMira.jpg

Edited by kukulino

OK. If you like this mod, I can ask for permissions to upload it in the near future. And if I will get permissions it is not problem upload it of course. If I do not get permissions , you can make edits accordig to this topic, I think. But Su-7 pit edit is not complete (but this is too good pit to use this simly edits as official mod)

Please do try to upload this mod when it's done, it really does look nice.

Oooh, nice SU :biggrin:

Nice.jpg

What is that?

What.jpg

Enemy supply column of couse :haha:

Boom.jpg

Looks betiful :smile: Would you excuse me for being a wiseguy for a moment (no critics, just info) :blush2:

Su-7 had the biggest cockpit variation, not even between versions, but inside the same version! It has been commented on Russian forums, as it sometimes caused a lot of trouble. So, my advice is to stuck to one cockpit variant you have the most information for :pilot:

Also, in the terms of the engine handling, Al-7 was extremely crude engine. It had supersonic compressor, and was sensitive to throttle changes. It also had afterburner that used oxygen startup (with a delay!). Soviet ace, Golodnikov, that flew on Su-9 (with the same engine) said it was "made for the cruise-missile" (relating to its handling).

I have some data on Al-7, so I might adjust it and see if you like it :smile: