Sign in to follow this  
Str][ker

MadJeff, Where's that Preview?

Ok MadJeff, time to stop flying and start telling! :-) HOw far along are you in your preview? Can you toss us a few screenshots here? Try for something unique!

He is probably totally addicted and isn't reading the forum anymore because he needs every second in the air. :)

So you know what you have to do before you go to the store and buy LOMAC:

call your family and friend and tell them it was nice knowing them. ;)

He is probably totally addicted and isn't reading the forum anymore because he needs every second in the air. :)

So you know what you have to do before you go to the store and buy LOMAC:  

call your family and friend and tell them it was nice knowing them. ;)

Heh! That's what I was thinking! I am sure he's too pre-occupied to stop flying to write stuff down. As for the family, that's the plan! Oh, and I think I might come down with some illness at around the same time which prevents me from going in to work for a few days... :wink:

striiker.jpg

Actually, I haven't been able to sit down for more than a few minutes this weekend and play with it. :D I'm going to try and sit down for an hour or so and write up my initial thoughts and get some screenshots together. I'm testing it on my lower-end system right now to see how things work. The answer might surprise you, it's not as slow as you would think. More later... ;)

Actually, I haven't been able to sit down for more than a few minutes this weekend and play with it. :D I'm going to try and sit down for an hour or so and write up my initial thoughts and get some screenshots together. I'm testing it on my lower-end system right now to see how things work. The answer might surprise you, it's not as slow as you would think. More later... ;)

Ok, tell ya what.. Send it here and I'll write up a review for you.. :wink:

We're all eager to hear how well it handles on differing systems! Looking forward to seeing what ya think of it.

striiker.jpg

Please be carefull and don't repeat what happen on SimHQ...this should be a preview and not a review of a beta sim. I know you know what you're doing MJ I just don't want to see any "bad press" for Biohaz like SimHQ recived. :(

Please don't be making claims about how things are GOING to be, we had too much of that when gunship! was being made, all the previews were tainted with what the devs said was going to be in the sim, and all the problems that the beta had were going to be fixed.

Neither the features nor the fixing occured, and it would have saved me money and a LOT of effort that it took for me to get a refund if a "fantasy" preview isn't made.

In other words, try not to make it a fanboi preview :)

Bard, you obviously don't know me very well do you... ;) I'm about as straight-shooting as they come, and I've never pulled punches on anything I preview.

you're exactly right, i don't know you from anyone else ;)

haven't read any other stuff you may have done.

Bard, you need to relax. You freakin worry too much. :lol:

Jeff, take your time. We arent going anywhere. lol

Bard

How many previews have you written for the flight sim community?

Here's a tip. Previews by their very nature are typically positive. Why? Because good things in a beta are seldom changed to bad...whereas poor performance in a beta is often remedied by the time the gold release comes around.

Previews are meant to be "teasers", not in-depth critiques of a game's good and not-so-good points.

BTW...try not to use the term "fanboi" from now on. Those of us that do this stuff for real may take offense.

Bard, you obviously don't know me very well do you... ;) I'm about as straight-shooting as they come, and I've never pulled punches on anything I preview.

Yeah and I have been punched by him too. :o

Madjeff thanks much for trying this beta on a lower end system and tell us about it. :D Pleased to learn it's not bad on yours..I do have a lower end system :wink:

Bard

How many previews have you written for the flight sim community?

Here's a tip. Previews by their very nature are typically positive. Why? Because good things in a beta are seldom changed to bad...whereas poor performance in a beta is often remedied by the time the gold release comes around.

Previews are meant to be "teasers", not in-depth critiques of a game's good and not-so-good points.

BTW...try not to use the term "fanboi" from now on. Those of us that do this stuff for real may take offense.

How many I'VE written is irrelevant, i think you might want to read what i posted again. If you want me to clarify any of my comments because you've misunderstood them i'd be happy to.

fanboi = someone who BLINDLY cheers on their game of choice, ignores problems and generally is incapable of an objective view. I'll continue to use it to describe those sort of people. Nothing wrong with being a fan because a sim has great features, but that is different to being a fanboi.

How many fanboi gunship! previews did we see? TOO MANY. What was even better was that hasbro didn't hand over the gold version for review. The previewers were told that issues that were in the beta were going to be fixed - the previewers then talked about those features as if they had been implemented.... and they were not. MANY people went and bought gunship! based on those very faulty previews.

We all KNOW a preview is just that - that's not the issue. The issue is bias and dishonesty in these previews, mentioning stuff that doesn't exist as if it does. All comes down to integrity.

We all KNOW a preview is just that - that's not the issue. The issue is bias and dishonesty in these previews, mentioning stuff that doesn't exist as if it does. All comes down to integrity.

What "bias and dishonesty" have you seen in the LOMAC previews to date?

I haven't seen any in the previews I have read. So I would like to know too.

*sigh*

ok, let's see if i can settle this.

I've asked for a preview that isn't fantasy like we've seen in the past,

Read the above CAREFULLY.

Madjeff has understood EXACTLY what i mean.

I did NOT say "I've asked for a preview that isn't a fantasy like some of the other LOMAC previews we've seen".

In fact, i can't remember even saying ONCE that previous LOMAC previews have been biased or dishonest.

I think you guys better take a step back and read what i'm writing and think about it instead of assuming that everyone on the internet is an asshat.