Sign in to follow this  
Dagger

learn your aircraft and it's systems...

If you belong to a squadron this has been "beat" in your head over and over.."learn your bird..it's strenghts and weaknesses,it's systems..both offensive and defencive"learn it's best turn rates and speed and it's max speed..level and in a climb,with ABs and without.weapon employment ranges.This is mostly a reminder for me to practice what I preach.

Haha, good point Dagger, and a good lesson. But, one thing I have found to be even more important? Know your enemy, and what HE can do. Then, you can do what he cannot.

Or at very least, run away.

Even more important then that SDirickson is to know your enemies alcohol limitations. If you plan well, you can spend at least a month preparing yourself to be able to outlast you opponent in a night on online combat. This takes Tons of practice offline....so I prefer to push the limits to the extreme in order to get the proper joystick settings...

<Cheers>

*HICCUP* :oops:

I think Fates hit the nail right on the head......hehehe. Good one Fates <C>

Hahaha, thats pretty good. I've always thought trying of sumthin really cheap. Remember how in Jane's F-15, you respawned on the runway? We'll, if your dogfightin, just sit and idle till your opponent goes dry on fuel, then pick him off. Eh, I thought it'd be cool.

Dagger, your repeating what's been taught to fighter pilots sence WWI, but the problem right now in SF is we dont know the full limitations of our aircraft in SF. The Phantom and Starfighter are not as far off as say the Skyhawk and F100. I should be able to out turn a Phantom in a A4, but in SF I cant. I should be able to roll fast and crisper than the F4, but i cant in SF. I should be able to bleed less energy than the phantom, but I cant in SF. My point is, some of the flight model quirks have to be fixed before some of us can actually spend a lot of time learning different limitations. Frankly the A4 and F100 are so limited right now you can barely have a chance of survival in them, much less winning a fight.