Sign in to follow this  
FastCargo

I need to get a life...

I should be studying for my checkride next week...

Or building a weapon or two...

Or at least working on cockpits...

But...noooo...it's too much fun building different aircraft verisons..

I just said I wasn't going to build this one...

gallery_12105_43_40750.jpg

And since I built this one...why not something else? Is the F-5F chasing a Hornet?

gallery_12105_43_510785.jpg

Not quite...new advesary aircraft...

gallery_12105_43_357453.jpg

FastCargo

Looks like you're having too much fun!

And the range keeps calling your name...

:biggrin:

Guest Saganuay82

Your doing fine FC, keep it going.

Looks real cool FC!!!

can´t wait for your birds... :D

Fresh Meat I'm loving it!

Don't suppose there is any chance of the single seat version as that would probably require a seperate model?

post-27199-1200571886_thumb.jpg

and what about the X-29??? HMMM???

Easy guys, lets him get these done before you all start requesting this than that. Nice work FC.Can I get mahgony trim? :biggrin:

Can I get a leather lined Ejection seat??? lol I need to get a life too, lol, I just made like 20 posts to become a senior member, lol, tell me there isnt something wrong with that, lol

Edited by Jarhead1

gallery_12105_43_357453.jpg

Are you secretly working for the Iranians now also?

Nice work on the Tigers. Natural progression.

Good luck on the checkride. Q1 all the way.

Storm

He probably is one of those "EQ" guys

Probably, but I didnt want him to get a big cranium. Or jinx him for that matter :blink:

Aw Saeque. cool!

He probably is one of those "EQ" guys

HA! You MUST be joking! :biggrin:

I am mister joe average...not the 'hot stick', but not 'that guy' either...

Pass checkrides, usually get a 'commendable' in a few places, that kind of thing...

Besides, it's my yearly airliner checkride I have next week...just had my recur Qual check last week.

Only 3 more military checkrides to go...

On to other things.

I know the Saegheh version I did is somewhat fictional (there have been no pictures of a 2 seat version of that aircraft).

However, if everyone has noticed, all the aircraft I've showed so far have been 2 seaters. And all are based on the initial T-38 model I completed sometime ago.

In order of progression:

T-38A - Original model

AT-38B - (From T-38A) Added centerline pylon, expanded 'Drag Chute housing slightly', added HUD, ini edits for centerline pylon. Time = 1 hour

T-38C - (From T-38A) Modifed intakes, remapped same area, added HUD, shrank nozzle connectors, added and moved antennas. Time = 2 hours

F-5B - (From AT-38B) Modifed intakes, added LERXs, leading edge slats, expanded center pylon, added wingtip rails, 4 underwing pylons, tailhook. Expanded Drag Chute housing and deleted nozzle connector. Thickened wheels. Remapped all changed areas, especially intakes. Added ini edits to incorperate new pylons. Time = 6 hours

F-5F - (From F-5B) - Stretched and recontoured nose and spine. Stretched and widened engine 'box'. 'Squeezed' cockpit area. New gear doors, speedbrakes. Thickened landing gear and wings. Modified vertical stab. Nose cannon installed. Extensive changes requiring redo of entire texture mapping. Time = 12 hours.

Saegheh - (From F-5F) - Duplicated and moved vertical fins. Recontoured intakes. Time = 2 hours.

As the models have progressed away from the T-38 original, the time invested has gone up geometrically. And notice that the changes just haven't been that extensive.

However, some of the most complex parts are the cockpit areas. Trying to do a single seat Saegheh would pretty much require a whole new nose section to build the canopy/cockpit from. And building the F-20 would pretty much require a whole new engine 'box' area plus the new nose/cockpit derived from the single seat Saegheh.

An easier task would be to start with the MF F-5E model and go from there instead.

You can see the task I would be up against. No wonder guys tend to want to have their own models instead...it's actually a bit difficult sometimes to try to modify an existing model, especially if you aren't the one that built it...

So just givin some feedback there folks.

Speaking of which...I've made a decision on the cockpits. All of the aircraft in the release that can either drop bombs/shoot missiles/guns or have a HUD will default flying from the front seat. For the F-5B,F-5F and Saegheh (which will be Iranian), because cockpits exist from their single seater stablemates, the user will have to have the MF F-5A/C/E to have cockpits. I will include inis for the F-5s/Saegheh to allow the MF cockpits to be used but I WILL NOT be supplying cockpits. This is predicated on the MF not having a problem with me doing this.

The T-38s on the other hand will have cockpits built by me. The B and C model will be front seat...but the A model will be rear seat. There will be alternate inis provided to allow flying from the other seat, but it won't be quite so 'neat and tidy'.

Hopefully, this will cut my workload down a bit.

FastCargo

I can life with each version.. your task sounds great and I can`t wait to fly them it`seems to be a good time in the future...

Sweet just one question What to call it??

A target?

- "the time invested has gone up geometrically"

Uh...would that be a "rhombus" or trapezoid?

FC, just one lil question...

Is it true, the T-38 could attain a roll-rate of 720°/s ?

Sounds like quite a bit of fun... :cool:

If you call having your brain drain out of your ears and watching your puke go up and down up and down etc etc..... Then ya tons of fun. Im sure the crew chiefe would have the most fun once you guys land. hehe hit the deck!

Haha... the only thing we need now from this family is the X-29 tha`t`s it .. Fast cargo did a great job on this T-38 and the Iran Target!!!!

FC, just one lil question...

Is it true, the T-38 could attain a roll-rate of 720°/s ?

Sounds like quite a bit of fun... :cool:

I remember being told that when I went to flight school oh so many years ago.

It's not true...it sounds good, but it's not physically possible in a T-38.

The most deg/sec I've gotten is roughly 600. And that's after a few rolls to overcome inertia and optimizing at 0g to minimize AOA and induced drag.

You can't do that for long in the T-38 because it could roll couple...and that's REALLY not good.

Plus, it kind of loses it's appeal after the first 10 or so... :biggrin:

FastCargo