Sign in to follow this  
Major Lee

Major Lee's Aerodrome...

LOL, go figure , an administrator got it, THIS CONTEST WAS RIGGED from the start, lol, j/k :biggrin:

And then they're going to go and get USAFMLT and bring him along. Then Major Lee will pay for him as well!

Edited by JA 37 Viggen

You guys have fun at the Museum. I was born in Columbus and moved to Florida to get away from those winters, but everytime i went to Dayton there was always something new to see. I really liked all the displays but the SR-71 and looking through the chainlink fence towards Hangar 18 still bring back good memories. :good:

All I request is that we travel over to the base and get a full tour of many of the aircraft that they don't have at the museum. I was VERY dissapointed a few years ago when the moved the Valkyrie away from the museum to park it at the AFB.

MAybe even go tour the restoration facility....would like that.

Mike

The XB-70 is in the Presidential/Experimental Hangar area....which is on the base. What are they restoring right now? When I went that bloody MiG-29 was being restored. That was one main reason I went to see it!

LOL, go figure , an administrator got it, THIS CONTEST WAS RIGGED from the start, lol, j/k :biggrin:

:blink: What? Questioning my credulity??? :wacko: oh my....

And then they're going to go and get USAFMLT and bring him along. Then Major Lee will pay for him as well!

Mr USAFBLT w/cheese can always eat himself... wait, that sounds bad, doesn't it... :rolleyes:

I hear ya about the Mig-29, I went a little over a year ago and no luck. It was hidden away being painted I heard. Still worth the trip out to the base to see all of the collection out there. I was just up in Columbus, but did not make it over.....

You mean this Mig-29?

And these...caution big pics....

A friend of mine took picture of me meditating under that X-29. What hangar is the Fulcrum in?

Well, at least you have the Airzoo close by, Longestpants...

That's one of the things I am going to do before I die. Make a pilgramage to aeronautical hollowed ground and have lunch at the Valkyrie cafe. The only air museum I've been to is the one in fort langley, 4 hours from where i am. All it had was unrestored CF-100, CF-104, T-33 and Lysander displays.

oh, what I'd give to see the 'Valk or SR-71 up close...

Man I have GOT to go there.

Have MajorLee pick you up on his way down....I'll pay his gas from GR to Kazoo.

That's one of the things I am going to do before I die. Make a pilgramage to aeronautical hollowed ground and have lunch at the Valkyrie cafe. The only air museum I've been to is the one in fort langley, 4 hours from where i am. All it had was unrestored CF-100, CF-104, T-33 and Lysander displays.

I never quite realized till now how lucky I am to live live only 20 min from both the Smithsonian Air and Space museum and the Udvar-Hazy Air and Space museum.

Well, at least you have the Airzoo close by, Longestpants...

I've only gone to the Air Zoo once. It was a few months ago, and it was pretty amazing. They actually let you go inside this paratrooper plane, (A C-47, maybe? My memory's kinda fuzzy) it's really claustrophobic even with only half a dozen other people in there. I was called away after 15 minutes by a family emergency. Every other time I have tried to go there, something has made it impossible. In fact, just a few days ago my best friend and I were planning an all day trip. We had our tickets, and yesterday morning as we were making last-minute preparations, I feel a wave of nausea... I was out of commission for sixteen hours, over the course of which I emptied my digestive system of undercooked Chinese food and Fritos. This quickly degenerated into the flu, so I am typing this from my bed.

"Whenever I close my eyes, I see strange geometric figures running crazily about in a brightly colored, splatter-painted limbo.

I have stopped closing my eyes."

The joke is on me, as I ended up actually being sick home from school. I try to go to the Air Zoo, I really do. Fate just likes being a jerk to me.

I cant wait to see the Foxbat that they found from TQ and brought over, I think thats a RBS variant, the top of the line and newest recce version, correct me if I am wrong Dave.

oh, what I'd give to see the 'Valk or SR-71 up close...

Wouldn't mind seeing the Valk once, too... Saw the A-12, which is similar to the SR-71, on the deck of USS Intrepid in NY... that museum was cool... I think I crashed trying to land the A-6 in the simulator... :haha:

Edited by TX3RN0BILL

Edited by erikgen

-"and looking through the chainlink fence towards Hangar 18 still bring back good memories"

exactly...screw "area 51"...all of the good stuff was hidden in Ohio (who would look there anyway?) best place to hide

man, i went to the museum back in like 1998 or something on a motorcycle trip with my father. ive got hundreds of pics that i had scanned into the comp way back when, but then my hdd failed and i lost all them. i still have the originals but now my scanner doesnt want to work. ive got some great shots of the planes. when i was there the X-29 was hanging from the roof, and the XB-70 was positioned so its nose was over an A-10. gives you a good scale of how big it really is.

-"and looking through the chainlink fence towards Hangar 18 still bring back good memories"

exactly...screw "area 51"...all of the good stuff was hidden in Ohio (who would look there anyway?) best place to hide

Umm there is no Hangar 18.