Sign in to follow this  

Well, I have downloaded the Tet Offensive campaing and the Readme says I need the RF-4C by Doghouse. Do you know where can I download it? It's not here. Thank you all.

Interesting...

The only RF-4C Im aware of that is currently available is with the Yankee Air Pirate payware add-on. I am pretty sure there is also one in progress for a Desert Storm mod.

EDIT: Yes, I found an entry in the "File Announcment" forum, but the "Download this file" link is dead.......

Edited by kirbykern

Interesting...

The only RF-4C Im aware of that is currently available is with the Yankee Air Pirate payware add-on. I am pretty sure there is also one in progress for a Desert Storm mod.

EDIT: Yes, I found an entry in the "File Announcment" forum, but the "Download this file" link is dead.......

there is one in work. patience, grasshopper......

Sure I knew that from another thread (I think it was specifically about the RF-4E) but I'm still not sure what happened to the RF-4C that was uploaded by Doghouse.

I will prod bpao and see if we can get it out.....hint hint Oliver.... :biggrin:

Well here is what I found out. The RF-4C was stolen. We found it 3 days later up on blocks, it was stripped. In fact it was stripped of everything but the mahagony trim. So looks like 2 weeks before we get it back in the shop. :biggrin:

And then I need a volunteer to do a Nebraska Air National Guard skin for it...... :biggrin:

Well here is what I found out. The RF-4C was stolen. We found it 3 days later up on blocks, it was stripped. In fact it was stripped of everything but the mahagony trim. So looks like 2 weeks before we get it back in the shop. :biggrin:

Well, at least it was on blocks and not glass pop bottles... :good:

They took the 22" chrome rims too? Dam, I looked pimpin when rollin in them. :sad:

Well, it's funny, but....nobody has this plane? It seems it was here.

I told you to get "on Star"...

On Star my ass!!!

Get a Lo-Jac!!! :rofl:

"Mr Stein, this is On Star. It appears you RF-4C has been stolen. We're dispatching SAR teams to it's location, but don't hold your breath that it hasn't been parted out to keep other Phantoms airborne"

:dntknw:

So, that's what that little blue button on the mirror does.....

Wrench

kevin stein

Well, at least the thief had taste.

That trim was SO last year.

So looks like 2 weeks before we get it back in the shop. :biggrin:

:crazy: argh.... there is the damn 2 Weeks Joke again!!! :dntknw:

They took the 22" chrome rims too? Dam, I looked pimpin when rollin in them. :sad:

IIRC it was just a F-4C repainted to look like the RF-4 it wasn't a proper RF-4 model.

I am not sure what happened to the one by doghouse, it might of got lost in file moves. So I deleted that file announcement topic too so not to get everyone confused.

RF-4C from YAP can you use this in your own custom missions ?

yes u can! ;)

so did we resolve if SNOOPY in YAP actually does mark the target because I have run another set of CAS and the little liar doesnt in regular 3Wire games

so did we resolve if SNOOPY in YAP actually does mark the target because I have run another set of CAS and the little liar doesnt in regular 3Wire games

I have the first 10 missions of YAP. There's a few CAS missions with SNOOPY involved but he does NOT mark the target. I believe this is a limitation of the SFP series and YAP can not fix it. I mean they can load up the FAC with smoke rockets and program him to mark the ground targets (at a specific time) but unless you are there just in time you wont see it happen in front of you.

It's a pre-programmed sequence, just like you can do if you create your own missions.

So in some YAP missions SNOOPY is programmed (not in the first 10), but never can this happen in "Create Mission" type of games, even its a YAP installation.

Spark,

Put it this way. Before the YAP/FAC missions leave my HD, they are verified that the FACS mark the target.

We go over and over this because we know they can/will be affected by known/unknowns.

There is always uncertainty in WOV which is one of the great things about it. However, one example, if the FAC is supposed to hit the VC and the U.S. Army has already killed them, then he will go through dry.

Pureblue,

There are two missions in YAP 1-10 that feature the O-1E as FAC. I will not dispute that your FAC does not mark. Game gremlins can/will do as they wish. As we have progressed and discovered/learned more we have fine tuned our missions that feature a FAC and all of them do mark.

Well, I have done it myself. I took the F-4E (for the long nose), deleted all the weapons and cannon, modded the radar to ground map, terrain avoidance only, add only fuel tanks and a ECM pod, use F-4B engines, and I have a "more or less" RF-4C. Not perfect, but as AI plane in Tet Offensive, it works!