Sign in to follow this  
Fates

Top 10 Biggest Dissapointments in 2007 Games

I have but one that I can think of:

Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII.

That game was a travesty. Especially for the Wii. It's like, with the controls, they weren't even trying. Rotating and twisting and flailing the nunchuck and breaking your wrist in the process of making your hurricane doing a left turn is not what I call a solid game mechanic. The Wiimote looks just like a joystick, but they cant have you rest it on your thigh and pivot it like a stick. Oh no. That would make sense.

The sad thing is, that it was a pretty nice game aside from that. Very fun. Just unplayable.

I have learned my lesson: never buy a game without reading at least three reviews of it online. No exceptions, except for maybe Zelda. But that's it.

Edited by Longestpants

I only played 3x "new games" in '07 and they were all surprisingly good...used to be I was the übergeek that bought all the new releases but that is the road to ruin.

The new-to-me titles were Silent Hunter 3 and 4 plus Rise of Legends...thought they were all cool...Silent Hunter 3 is a lot like WOE, it kind of sucks out of the box, but there are so many mods it keeps it going

I hear-tell that EECH2 sucked a bit. Bugs and what not...

My biggest disappointment was the ending of C&C 3. What a goddamn anti-climax! I know there's an add-on on the way, but still, you spend hours and hours playing a game, I want more than 30 second or 1 minute endings ffs!!! :angry:

(sigh)... take a breath... think of Jennifer Hawkins... Now I'm calm. :smile:

*EDIT*

NBA Live 08 for PSP is pretty p*ss poor too! It's pretty buggy and prone to resetting your PSP. Even after saving, you can't reload the data or worse still, it reloads the save you thought you'd just saved over as sometimes it goes through the motions of a save, save screen and everything, but doesn't do the deed! Also, in franchise mode, occassionally after plaing a game, when exiting out, it resets! And don't even get me started on the lack of "create a player"...

GRAW2. It was sooooooooo close but they needed to patch a few things. Waiting on the patch as UBISoft is still holding it up. Imagine that! There also wasn't enuf maps, the console peeps have close to 20 maps while the PC crew has 9.

didnt CC3 have Grace Park in it?

Yes. Yes it did! She's a super hottie but she drew the short straw and got the crappiest GDI uniform. :biggrin:

Yes. Yes it did! She's a super hottie but she drew the short straw and got the crappiest GDI uniform. :biggrin:

For anyone like me who has a dodgy memory... for some reason (can't remember), here's a list of the releases for 2007:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:2007_video_games

I have to buck the trend and say that I thought S.T.A.L.K.E.R. sucked for me. It was something like 4 or 5 years late, a bit buggy (would never load a save for me) and seemed really dated before release. When using the pistols, I can't help being reminded of using the pistols in BF1942. Great concept, let down by an engine that was obsolete IMO before it's release.

Star Trek Legacy, after waiting so long for this title it was so buggy, and the MP still has trouble, even in XboX. While this is my first port, I have to say it will also be my last. If not for the modding community this title would be totally dead in space. they did release 2 patches for it, but they broke more than they fixed. They release a title knowing that the Star Trek name will sell it, and then nothing, they quit stopping by the official forums, and stop answering e-mails, I guess they got their money and now are happy. Thank goodness for the modding community, once again a community saves a game.

The other disappointment was the windows Vista OS, so much was made of it, and then they released it, oh what a mess, it was and still is, worse than the early Wal-Mart release of Strike Fighters. No support of alot of hardware, such as printers, joysticks, and alot of software.

Medal Of Honor: Airborne......

Great legacy, great promises, great graphics...

Bad gameplay, bad story, bad MP, bad errors, bad development team (should 've been 2015)

Now overtaken by CoD4.

Windows Vista? Oh, you mean Windows ME II...

Whirlewind over Vietnam or whatever that bad title was. Then how about EECH 2, blew goats. Empire Earth III I had high hopes for. But in the end it was nothing to write home about. Star Trek Legacy, even with the 3rd party add ons its still a terrible game. Sitting on my shelf rotting.

Windows Vista? Oh, you mean Windows ME II...

Couldn't had said it better myself

Couldn't had said it better myself

I have Vista on my desktop and it works fine, run everything I have put on it so far. All my games, applications, the works. Even some of my 5 yr old periferals.

Longhorn was cancelled and work restarted because it became too large and unwieldy for the programmers to work on!

I have Vista on my desktop and it works fine, run everything I have put on it so far. All my games, applications, the works. Even some of my 5 yr old periferals.

I can't get a damn thing to run without some kind or error or missing .dll or freezy crashy thing. One game that didn't disappoint because I thought it was going to be a huge pile of crap was Heatseeker. I have that for wii and all I can say about it is that you will become one with seasickness playing that POS. Since you have to use the remote, you have to hold your arm out full to keep the plane still. Any slight movement results in banking or barrel rolling. I made myself sick after 30 mins, haven't touched it since.

Also, I think Ace Combat 6 should get an honorable mention for it's pathetic acting and awful script!! There are only so many times you can do the "peace loving nation is invaded by grumpy fascists/neighbouring dictator but comes good in the end" theme. The CG cut scenes and in game visuals are superb!! I just don't understand how the acting gets worse as the visuals get better! :blink: Junior High drama productions are higher quality!!

Also, COD 4 should be an honourable mention for killing off some of the cool characters in the end... :biggrin:

sad...I used an "advanced" copy of Longhorn a few years ago in Thailand...man it was screaming fast...knew it would not last...it was a developmental copy / mule whatever, you know before MS dumps all the crap in it and dumbs it down so Granny can check her email...

I mean, really MS can make awesome stuff, so why dont they really make a Win-X for gamers / people who know what they are doing and then make a Win - Y for everYbodY else?

Halo 3...Overhyped, overrated, and overpriced.

Overhyped = you could not go anywhere or do anything w/o seeing adversiting for the game. Even at the start of it's 2-3yrs development (or however long it took to create it), the game was generating a lot of buzz in the online and gaming community. The hype was bigger than that of David Beckham's arrival to MLS!!! (Awesome soccer player, btw).

Overrated = Every major game-review company automatically announced that this was easily one of the best games ever, giving Halo one of the highest ratings received by a 360 game up to that point. We were told the game play was legendary, unique, satisfying, fun.. *insert your favorite adjective here* but I must say it was a major let down. The single-player or coop campaign has litte replayability, while the online multiplayer is filled w/ teenie boopers and fanboys who take away from the online experience.

Overpriced = I cannot believe I waited outside of a store at midnight for 2hrs and payed $60 for it. One of my more expensive paper weights...

Star Trek Legacy, after waiting so long for this title it was so buggy, and the MP still has trouble, even in XboX. While this is my first port, I have to say it will also be my last. If not for the modding community this title would be totally dead in space. they did release 2 patches for it, but they broke more than they fixed. They release a title knowing that the Star Trek name will sell it, and then nothing, they quit stopping by the official forums, and stop answering e-mails, I guess they got their money and now are happy. Thank goodness for the modding community, once again a community saves a game.

Here Here!! I put off buying this for a loooong time, and finally broke down in Sept. The biggest dissappointment for me was I don't feel the limitless immursion of space. It feels like playing inside of a box on a shelf. That way is always down, and look out, there is the side of the box. :blink:

Edited by drdoyo

Whirlewind over Vietnam or whatever that bad title was. Then how about EECH 2, blew goats. Empire Earth III I had high hopes for. But in the end it was nothing to write home about. Star Trek Legacy, even with the 3rd party add ons its still a terrible game. Sitting on my shelf rotting.

i doesnt played yet EECH2, but i read the comments :s

i mentioned the game i have xD.

But.... the comments may not be the best way....

the people said a lot of positive thinks about Gears Of War, but i personaly dont like it...

Soldier Of Fortune: Pay Back is my pick for dissapointment of the year! Ending sucked, framerate was choppy even on my PS3!. And it wasnt produced by Raven Software! Plus I dont think it is even possible to shoot off someones head with a 5.56x45mm M-16A3!

Halo 3...Overhyped, overrated, and overpriced.

Overhyped = you could not go anywhere or do anything w/o seeing adversiting for the game. Even at the start of it's 2-3yrs development (or however long it took to create it), the game was generating a lot of buzz in the online and gaming community. The hype was bigger than that of David Beckham's arrival to MLS!!! (Awesome soccer player, btw).

Overrated = Every major game-review company automatically announced that this was easily one of the best games ever, giving Halo one of the highest ratings received by a 360 game up to that point. We were told the game play was legendary, unique, satisfying, fun.. *insert your favorite adjective here* but I must say it was a major let down. The single-player or coop campaign has litte replayability, while the online multiplayer is filled w/ teenie boopers and fanboys who take away from the online experience.

Overpriced = I cannot believe I waited outside of a store at midnight for 2hrs and payed $60 for it. One of my more expensive paper weights...

Agree. It's just Halo 2 with slightly better graphics. The mulitplayer levels aren't as good as the ones in Halo 2 either, in my opinion.

This is terrible. I think the only game I bought in 2007 was First Eagles. And then the expansion. I have been so busy with real life that I just have not been my usual game consuming self.

No, wait. I did buy Harpoon Commander's Edition and I like it so far but, again, have not had a lot of time with it.