Sign in to follow this  
jono

AAA? wall of lead?

from the reading I've done on the airwar in SEA I definately got the impression that the AAA was near impossible. I can't remember the last time if ever that I even got a hit from the 37s or 57's or higher. I find that its only the 20mm or 12.7 that ever hit me. EVEN after several passes to see if I could get my ass shot off. Does anybody know how the A.I. for the AAA can be improved or the lethality manipulated to greater simulate the reality?

from the reading I've done on the airwar in SEA I definately got the impression that the AAA was near impossible. I can't remember the last time if ever that I even got a hit from the 37s or 57's or higher. I find that its only the 20mm or 12.7 that ever hit me. EVEN after several passes to see if I could get my ass shot off. Does anybody know how the A.I. for the AAA can be improved or the lethality manipulated to greater simulate the reality?

I think those big calibers are for higher altitude targets.

Increase your enemy air defense level to HARD or HEAVY (whichever it is)...and get back to us.

I think you'll see some differences....

Wrench

kevin stein

Increase your enemy air defense level to HARD or HEAVY (whichever it is)...and get back to us.

I think you'll see some differences....

Wrench

kevin stein

Yes, that works too; with the mod thoguh it gets evem tougher; in campaing might work the following entry in campaign data inis. under the force id: startairdefenselevel=3

Another thought occured to me...

do you have ALL the AAA units??? The game only comes with, what? 4? 5? There's a boatload in Pasko's SAMs and Vehicles Paks, avaliable here and at my site.

To really make things nasty...try networking them with a Fire Can....

Wrench

kevin stein

Yeah...go fly through the Okinawa map with AAA set to "high" and then let me know what happened...

And I second the add-ons...if you toss that stuff in there according to the read me's the game will gladly make life miserable for you

Another thought occured to me...

do you have ALL the AAA units??? The game only comes with, what? 4? 5? There's a boatload in Pasko's SAMs and Vehicles Paks, avaliable here and at my site.

To really make things nasty...try networking them with a Fire Can....

Wrench

kevin stein

I keep reading about networking the SAM's /AAA, but have no idea how to do that (or undo that for that matter) . Is it a simple .ini tweak?

I keep reading about networking the SAM's /AAA, but have no idea how to do that (or undo that for that matter) . Is it a simple .ini tweak?

Look in the individual weapon's data.ini file. This is from the SA-2L_DATA.ini

[MissionData]

NationName=SOVIET

ServiceStartYear=1959

ServiceEndYear=1965

GroundObjectRole=STATIC_SAM

Availability=COMMON

Exported=TRUE

ExportStartYear=1962

ExportAvailability=COMMON

[GroundObjectData]

DamagedModel=

DestroyedModel=sa-2_launcher_destroyed.LOD

DestroyedEffect=LargeExplosionEffect

EmptyMass=3600.00

Component[001]=Launcher

[DetectSystem]

TargetType=AIR

MaxVisibleDistance=6000.0

DataLink=TRUE

NetworkType=SA-2

RadarCrossSection=3

[WeaponSystem]

TargetType=AIR

MissileRange=34000.000000

MinMissileRange=10000.000000

PitchAngleRate=8

MaxPitch=80.0

MinPitch=0.0

DefaultPitchAngle=30.0

YawAngleRate=

YawLimited=

MinYaw=

MaxYaw=

DefaultYawAngle=0

MissileLaunchTime=2.0

YawModelNodeName=

PitchModelNodeName=rail

[Launcher]

ModelNodeName=legs

MaxExtentPosition= 2.39, 4.20, 1.72

MinExtentPosition=-2.39,-4.70, 0.00

HasArmor=FALSE

SystemName[001]=Missile

[Missile]

SystemType=MISSILE

MissileID=1

WeaponTypeName=SA-2B

WeaponPosition=0.00,3.95,2.06

ShowMissile=TRUE

IndependentPitchMovement=FALSE

It has to show the datalink is TRUE, and the second line shows the type of network it is linked to. Some of these data.ini files will not be in your Objects folder as the sim may be using the default file instead of a custom file, in which case you will need to extract it from the Cat file to modify it. Can't be sure, but I think SP4 networked SAM's, but not AAA. There are some other threads in this forum and on ThirdWire about networking. Networking AAA seems to be a little more difficult as I recall a thread on the need for an AAA radar object to be networked with the actual guns. I guess you could network the AAA to the SAM radar, but then you would everything pointing at you.