Sign in to follow this  
Hawk MMS

Cloverfield

Any thoughts? I saw it today. Not worth the hype. Godzilla 1998 (which was totally gay) meets Blair Witch (also totally gay).

The ads made me want to see it. They ads actually made it look very interesting, then me and my friends went to the movies watched half of it and left. It was a huge disappointment.

Damn. That bad, eh ? I had relatively high hope's for the movie. Oh well, yet another Hollywood product that did'nt live up to it's hype, suprise, suprise.

Guest Bounder

It wasent to bad Iam just not a fan of blair witch type movies

cloverfield-monster-picture.jpg

This is a fans inception. Can't find any posts. Just a general Idea. Also the lice are another set of monsters. They fall of the big monster and kill people. One chick swells and explodes after being bit.

Edited by suhsjake

It looked nothing like that. More like a deformed spider with a fish tail.

It looked nothing like that. More like a deformed spider with a fish tail.

So is it handycam p.o.v. for the whole movie?? Should I expect to feel seasick for the duration?

So is it handycam p.o.v. for the whole movie?? Should I expect to feel seasick for the duration?

Yep the whole thing is camcordered. totally sucks, monster attacks save my girlfriend crap.

did you guys see The Host? Man, the trailers on a DVD I purchased looked too cool...probably means that it is

So a dirty mop attacked NYC? The monster is very original looking, I must say. But the parasite things look like the Crab People from the South Park episode

Im going to see it on february 1st. From what I read on dedicated forums, they slowly loose the hype after seeing it. those who saw it say it's like full lenght trailer. And casual moviegoers are wtf? after the movie.

And Host was a very nice movie btw.

Oh, sure, the little (ok, xtra-large) f**ers always show up in the super-named cities!!! Tokyo, New York...hell, even London gets it a few times..

What do we get here in Los Angeles??? Giant Ants, and Korean Dragons!!

Well, I guess the rep of the LA gangs has even reached Monster Island....

Brainles: when I get done witu updating the Okinawa map, just look for Odo Island...heheheheheheheheeee

Now, I just need a giant footprint lod....

Wrench

kevin stein

Oh, sure, the little (ok, xtra-large) f**ers always show up in the super-named cities!!! Tokyo, New York...hell, even London gets it a few times..

Brainles: when I get done witu updating the Okinawa map, just look for Odo Island...heheheheheheheheeee

Wrench

kevin stein

Hey, giants ants are nothing to laugh about. "Them" scared the crap out of me when I was a kid. Nearly had a coronary when I got an ant farm for my birthday that year. :biggrin:

Off topic kind of. How good is the movie "The Host"?

Falcon, a major kaniju fan

For me, The Host was a huge suprise in last years fantastic movie festival in Oporto!!! I liked it a lot! Lot´s of quality and storyline perfect!! Cant wait for the Host 2. :yes:

As for Cloverfield....as i read it here...i guess i would pass this one.... :biggrin:

How come no one has put one of these monsters in WOE?

Wrench

kevin stein

Can't wait..as always! I'll certainly be looking out for whatever it is. Hope I can blow it to bits! :biggrin:

It will be destroyable ..right. :biggrin:

I was disappointed with it, "THEM" however.... is awesome! Chessy and cheap as it may be, I LOVE IT!

How about "Forbidden Planet"?.... another classic.

If we are going down the so bad it was good movie vein, cant leave out:

They Live

Army of Darkness

Night of the Comet

Saw Cloverfield yesterday and still don't know if i liked it or not.Lots of unrealistic stuff(but then again the city is under siege by a monster) and it was rather dizzying to watch but it was cool in a way too.