Sign in to follow this  
FastCargo

GermanyCE Terrain Mod Combo INI files

GermanyCE Terrain Mod Combo INI files

View File

Readme for combining Gepard's 8 New Airfields and JSF_Aggie's Highway Airfields mods.

These files are simply replacements for your GERMANYCE_TARGETS.INI and GERMANYCE_TYPES.INI files.

What you will need first:

Wings Over Europe with the GermanyCE terrain (Duh!)

Gepard's 8 New Airbases for WOE:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autom...p;showfile=5078

JSF_Aggie's Highway Airfield Mod:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autom...p;showfile=2950

Instructions:

1. Backup your GERMANYCE_TARGETS.INI and GERMANYCE_TYPES.INI files first (if they have been extracted)!

2. Install both mods...don't worry about overwrites, we'll be fixing those later.

3. Copy the GERMANYCE_TARGETS.INI and GERMANYCE_TYPES.INI files from this archive into the "WOE"/Terrain/GermanyCE directory. Allow the overwrites.

4. That's it!

As a bonus, I've included several areas you can use to base carriers out of.

These files should work with other mods of the WOE terrain (Deuces or JSF_Aggie's tree mods, etc).

However, they will erase any mods that have already altered the GERMANYCE_TARGETS.INI and GERMANYCE_TYPES.INI files.

Enjoy your new airfields. Big thanks to Gepard and JSF_Aggie for giving me permission to combine their airfield inis...all the work was theirs, I just wanted them both at the same time!

FastCargo

Thanks!

I tried an install that includes comrpnt's WOE airfield lights. And as stated in the read-me, it seems like the ini is over-written.

I tried to do a merge of the ini(s), but guess Im not quite as good at editing as I thought.

Can anyone provide a guide that would incorporate the new airfields with comrpnt's airfield lights, please? I would sure appreciate it.

Thanks!

TurtleHawk

I took a look at what you're asking.

Each airfield has it's own ini file pointed at by the TARGETS file.

Example, in the stock and Gepard/JSF_Aggie combo GERMANYCE_TARGETS.INI file:

[TargetArea261]

Name=Fassberg Airbase

Position=461000.000000,671000.000000

Radius=8485.281250

ActiveYear=0

Location=1

Alignment=FRIENDLY

AirfieldDataFile=german_airbase1.ini

NumSquadrons=6

Target[001].Type=Runway6

Target[001].Offset=0.00,0.00

etc, etc, etc...

And in comrpnt's airfield light mod GERMANYCE_TARGETS.INI file:

[TargetArea261]

Name=Fassberg Airbase

Radius=8485.281250

ActiveYear=0

Location=1

Alignment=FRIENDLY

AirfieldDataFile=GERMANYCE_AIRFIELD1_LAYOUT2.INI

NumSquadrons=6

Target[001].Type=Runway6

Note the difference in bold.

So, how to do a combo?

First, you WILL NOT be able to mod Gepards' 8 new airfields or JSF_Aggie's airfields with comrpnt's light mod. The airfield.inis use coordinates to place objects based off a centralized point. Gepards airfields now each have a unique look and coordinate layout. In other words, if the old airfield end of the runway was X,Y, the new airfield may have (X+x),(Y+y) as the end of the runway point....but comrpnt's light mod is based off the older X,Y...and so trying to fuse those files will have bad results (misaligned lights, etc).

Fortunately, that shouldn't be hard to avoid.

Okay, first, BACKUP the GERMANYCE_TARGETS.INI file you want to alter...yes, AGAIN.

Second, open up that GERMANYCE_TARGETS.INI file you want to alter AND comrpnt's GERMANYCE_TARGETS.INI file with your text editor of choice. You will need to have both files open at the same time.

Third, within the file you want to alter, start a search at the top of the file looking for this entry: AirfieldDataFile=german_airbaseX.ini where X is a 1,2,3 or 4.

Fourth, as you come up to each entry the search function finds, note the [TargetAreaXXX] entry and find that coorsponding entry in comrpnt's GERMANYCE_TARGETS.INI file.

Fifth, copy comrpnt's GERMANYCE_TARGETS.INI [TargetAreaXXX] entry (the whole entry) for that airfield and paste it OVER the cooresponding entry in the GERMANYCE_TARGETS.INI file that you are altering. This will make sure that things line up in case comrpnt made minor changes on the airfield to accomodate his lights.

You will need to do this for every FRIENDLY airfield entry that cooresponds to your search.

After all this, save your new GERMANYCE_TARGETS.INI file. In fact, I'd recommend saving after verifying every cut and paste.

Make sure comrpnt's GERMANYCE_AIRFIELDX_LAYOUTX.INI and GERMANYCE_AIRFIELDX_LAYOUTX_QRA.INI files from his mod have been copyed to your Terrain/GermanyCE directory.

That should be it...you should find that your other airfields besides Gepards and JSF_Aggies now all have comrpnt's lights.

By the way, I figured this out with about 5 minutes of skull sweat, knowing very little about airfield.inis other than simply opening the ini files up and reading. It isn't hard...just tedious.

FastCargo

I took a look at what you're asking.

Each airfield has it's own ini file pointed at by the TARGETS file.

Example, in the stock and Gepard/JSF_Aggie combo GERMANYCE_TARGETS.INI file:

[TargetArea261]

Name=Fassberg Airbase

Radius=8485.281250

ActiveYear=0

Location=1

Alignment=FRIENDLY

AirfieldDataFile=german_airbase1.ini

NumSquadrons=6

Target[001].Type=Runway6

etc, etc, etc...

And in comrpnt's airfield light mod GERMANYCE_TARGETS.INI file:

[TargetArea261]

Name=Fassberg Airbase

Radius=8485.281250

ActiveYear=0

Location=1

Alignment=FRIENDLY

AirfieldDataFile=GERMANYCE_AIRFIELD1_LAYOUT2.INI

NumSquadrons=6

Target[001].Type=Runway6

Note the difference in bold.

So, how to do a combo?

First, you WILL NOT be able to mod Gepards' 8 new airfields or JSF_Aggie's airfields with comrpnt's light mod. The airfield.inis use coordinates to place objects based off a centralized point. Gepards airfields now each have a unique look and coordinate layout. In other words, if the old airfield end of the runway was X,Y, the new airfield may have (X+x),(Y+y) as the end of the runway point....but comrpnt's light mod is based off the older X,Y...and so trying to fuse those files will have bad results (misaligned lights, etc).

Fortunately, that shouldn't be hard to avoid.

Okay, first, BACKUP the GERMANYCE_TARGETS.INI file you want to alter...yes, AGAIN.

Second, open up that GERMANYCE_TARGETS.INI file you want to alter AND comrpnt's GERMANYCE_TARGETS.INI file with your text editor of choice. You will need to have both files open at the same time.

Third, within the file you want to alter, start a search at the top of the file looking for this entry: AirfieldDataFile=german_airbaseX.ini where X is a 1,2,3 or 4.

Fourth, as you come up to each entry the search function finds, note the [TargetAreaXXX] entry and find that coorsponding entry in comrpnt's GERMANYCE_TARGETS.INI file.

Fifth, copy comrpnt's GERMANYCE_TARGETS.INI [TargetAreaXXX] entry (the whole entry) for that airfield and paste it OVER the cooresponding entry in the GERMANYCE_TARGETS.INI file that you are altering. This will make sure that things line up in case comrpnt made minor changes on the airfield to accomodate his lights.

You will need to do this for every FRIENDLY airfield entry that cooresponds to your search.

After all this, save your new GERMANYCE_TARGETS.INI file. In fact, I'd recommend saving after verifying every cut and paste.

Make sure comrpnt's GERMANYCE_AIRFIELDX_LAYOUTX.INI and GERMANYCE_AIRFIELDX_LAYOUTX_QRA.INI files from his mod have been copyed to your Terrain/GermanyCE directory.

That should be it...you should find that your other airfields besides Gepards and JSF_Aggies now all have comrpnt's lights.

By the way, I figured this out with about 5 minutes of skull sweat, knowing very little about airfield.inis other than simply opening the ini files up and reading. It isn't hard...just tedious.

FastCargo

In Scotland they say "go and paint the Firth of Forth Bridge..........." :rofl:

Aju,

Derk

Thanks, FastCargo,

I appreciate the detailed instructions.

I'll print them out, and give it a shot.

TurtleHawk

Updated info.

Turtlehawk, let me know how it goes. I just did it myself last night...took about 30 tedious minutes, but works like a champ.

FastCargo