I wonder if it could be possible to add extra hardpoints and a extra gun to Saab J35F Draken to make a more true Danish version. The Danish Drakens had there airframes stregthen with more hardpoints which could take 1000 pounds each and were Bullpup B cacable. they were pure fighterbombers and had only air defence in low altitude as secondary role. I have done a little research in the ini files and I think it could be done with a little ini dance. I tryed making an extra gun myself with the result that I didnt had a gun at all :blink::blink:

The wing hardpoints is all the same on the real aircraft and I have taken a screenshot where I have marked the posion of the extra hardpoints

I tryed the ini dance and got this, forgot that the weight is in kg not pounds, but I cant load anything at the emty pylon :blink: Just discoveret that I made an keystroke to many in one of the ini lines regarding the emty pylon

Edited by hgbn

Well I got it done :wink: Thanks to wrench for explaining how the possion system works :ok::good:

Yes I have considered that, but I will have to ask those guys who done the Draken in the first place. Dont want to violate anything

The Danish Drakens had CCIP. How do I make that?? I got the F-16 is it possible to borrow that CCIP???

Would be great to have this mod, creating a separate RDAF Draken in the FB role would be a great addition.

The Danish Drakens were formidable planes with a considerable warload, greatly increased internal fuel and later on with very effective A2G avionics....

Aju,

Derk :victory:

Would be great to have this mod, creating a separate RDAF Draken in the FB role would be a great addition.

The Danish Drakens were formidable planes with a considerable warload, greatly increased internal fuel and later on with very effective A2G avionics....

Aju,

Derk :victory:

Actually I heard some years ago that those A2G avionics were so effective, that the U.S offered the Danish government a half squadron of brand new F-16C/D just for one used Draken. But they said no, they didnt want to export Arms to a pontential War going country.. What a way to say thanks to all that help we got from the U.S

Well, if its for WoE only, you can use all the existing stuff from the objects cat (sort of like how I got the F-104ASA-M to have such a nice HUD - 'borrowed' from the stock F-15)

Use the avionics70.dll, extract the needed tgas from which ever bird has the CCIP -don't remember which offhand, put them in the Draken's cockpit folder, copy/paste the CCIP bits in the a NEW Draken cockpit ini from wherever they came from, not forgetting to make the changes in the Draken's main ini (pointers to the Av70.dll, etc)

Test fly many times -- you may need to adjust the size of the sight tgas (text edits in cockpit ini)

Fly some more, and that should do it.

See, I told you adding stations was easy! I can't think of how many times I've done it (lots of WW2 birds, the Scorpion mods, dozens of times!)

:good:

It'll be a nice addition. Remember, you don't have to release the WHOLE plane...you can just do a skin and ini pak (like I do). Let the end user transfer over the main lods. But DO let the folks that made it know, so they can be credited properly. It's only the right thing to do!

btw, if you want, you have my permission to include my Draken Hangar Screen.

Wrench

kevin stein

Thanks!! I do have a lot of work ahead of me doing this AC right to be a true FB, btw are there anyone who knows if the pylons itself is a part of the 3d model or is they aux. items?? right now my bombs are hanging in a forcefield midair under the new hardpoints :biggrin: I can live with that if they are an intergrated part of the 3d model, the most of the time I will not see it anyway, I'm in the pit hossing those motherf...... anyhow :haha:

Normally pylons are part of the aircraft model and cannot be altered externally.

FastCargo

Guest Sony Tuckson

Feel free to release anything you did for this bird

We plan to release a danish only J-35 one day, but this ain"t gonna be soon as we haven't much time right now

Glad some people still enjoy this release

Feel free to release anything you did for this bird

We plan to release a danish only J-35 one day, but this ain"t gonna be soon as we haven't much time right now

Glad some people still enjoy this release

Thanks!!! And when you are up to it one day, feel free to contact me, I have some very good 4 view drawings of the F-35/ TF-35 and the RF-35. with detail drawings of pylons and the bigger droptanks we were useing on our Drakens :biggrin:

Guest Sony Tuckson

I saw those birds quite regularly before they retired....

I'll get in touch

Guest Sony Tuckson

he is not in charge for this one ;)

The J-35 was a model done by LVP before he stopped modding for SFP1

I was the skinner from day one

LVP chose to give me the model so it could be finished and brought in game

BPAO then finished it

We got an early cockpit work, and will finish that too along other variants

but no deadline on that

Hey guys, merged the topics since they were about the same thing and hgbn got in touch with a Column5 representative.

FastCargo

Nice to see some more Drakens. :good:

he is not in charge for this one ;)

The J-35 was a model done by LVP before he stopped modding for SFP1

I was the skinner from day one

LVP chose to give me the model so it could be finished and brought in game

BPAO then finished it

We got an early cockpit work, and will finish that too along other variants

but no deadline on that

I'll be looking forward to it. I only called C5 because when I read the readme I saw that he did the ini work, and that was those files I was messing arround with.

Do you have any Templates you want to share??

Guest Sony Tuckson

yes, no problem

but remember, these are my first set of templates, so probably quality is less than ideal :(

I'll try them out, will it be allright if I make a complete folder with anything in it including the org. readme????

Just uploaded the changed ini's so you can test it, it is a early Danish Draken without CCIP for now( more suitable for the Natofighters campaign), I'm working on a new high res skin for it and want to paint the droptanks green to match.

Ooo...it is VERY sweet! Went up against 4x Su-27 and my lazy AI wingmen actually liked it so much they got in the act as well

post-946-1202491713_thumb.jpg

Glad that you like it :biggrin: Now take out an raptor for me :rofl: this must be possible as the Danish Drakens didn't have radar, relyed on mk2 eyeballs in air defence.

GREAT WORK ,BUDDY!!!!WHAT ABOUT AN RF-35 STRIKE RECON?

SOME TYPES ARE REALLY LEFT AWAY FROM MODDERS AND PROJECTS,P.E. TWIN SEATED TRAINERS OF MANY TYPES OF -COLD WAR-AIRCRAFT (ALTHOUGH MANY TYPES ARE OPERATIONALY TWIN SEATED). I THINK IT IS INTERESTING HAVING ALSO THEM IN SIM!!