Sign in to follow this  
X RAY

(AV-8B+) frs2 mod. for Bobrock's Garibaldi carrier

The notice of the Bobrock's Garibaldi Italian Navy carrier, gives me the idea to add a fighter on it's deck.Problem is that there're none av-8b+ at the moment to do it!Hope somebody is working at!!! :good: I've tried to solve it doing a little work on the RussoUk2004/Sundowner Sea Harrier frs2 (that is the "almost" near similar plane) and give a more life at that project.The plane now is modified on the inside, it includes on data.ini's:-the whole f-18 pit (B.A. type to solve the Hud problem)-the APG-65 radar-the GAU-12A Equalizer cannon-the chaff/flare dispensers-the TV/Laser TAG's (to simulate the flir)-the capability to carry modern guide bombs and missiles,plus the Lightning pod (for that purpose is named USAF on nationality) etc...So here's the work:Italian Navy "Wolves" Sqn.

plane 1-19 carrying the six bombing missions

a view from the pit

visions of the plane 1-07, note on the first pic. the "shadowplay" to simulate the flir probe.

the normal Italian subload attachment The Lightning pod and Agm-65'sSo.. it's not ended here!For "fair play" I've added new loading screens if u want to rename the folder and replace the frs2'sAnd..2 other skins-

For the U.S.M.C. bro's "Avengers" Sqn.

..yes..I know-av8 don't carry the Hellfires-But the Fastcargo's agm's are too nice and I've add 'emEnglish Harriers carrying the Brimstones and I give the Marine's license to "Hellfirezed their Harriers II"and last skin is for the Armada bro's "Cobra" Sqn.

Now see 'em fighting!U.S.M.C. start the dance

Now see 'em fighting!

U.S.M.C. start the dance

..fire!

and escape safely!

Armada patrol the sea

And the "Italian -precision- job"

I'll hope you enjoy it!

AH yes the FRS.2, man that was a good project we did back then eh Russ and Ant? I cant believe its been that long.

I've requested permission,now I must tell Bobrock if he want to include these skins and ini's in his ship or configure it for that and download the aircraft separately,the original model is nicely done these are only new skins.

I think I'll supply a double installation-

the easiest:

only skins,ini and loadout for the frs2-simply drop into the frs2 folder

the other

create a folder call AV-8B+ include all the new ini's,skins,the original frs2 .lod,than copy the f-18 pit from the mirage's factory one or if u want from the f 18 blue angel plane( just to solve the Hud square Problems)

I think I upload it when the Bobrock's ship is done!

Well X Ray you got my permission. (I was part of the Harrier team). I will ping Sundowner and Russ for you.

thanks Dave!I've send 'em the permission req and they gave green light!

This don't want to become a whole new aircraft,just an addon!

You guys did an amazing job on the original FA.2! I can't wait to download this.

Looking Good man!! I love Harriers and the Sea Harrier Frs 2