Sign in to follow this  
sparkomatic

should have been easy...

So I was trying to stick that excellent F-111 cockpit into the Tu-22...seemed easy enough, but alas it avoids my advances, much like Alyssa Milano

So why did it not work? How can it take the A-4 cockpit but not the F-111...must be missing something basic

cheers

So I was trying to stick that excellent F-111 cockpit into the Tu-22...seemed easy enough, but alas it avoids my advances, much like Alyssa Milano

So why did it not work? How can it take the A-4 cockpit but not the F-111...must be missing something basic

cheers

Did you remember to change these in the Tu-22.ini file?

[AircraftData]

AircraftFullName=Tu-22K Blinder-B

AircraftDataFile=Tu-22K_data.ini

CockpitDataFile=F-111A_cockpit.ini

HangarScreen=Blinder_Hangar.bmp

LoadoutImage=tu22_loadout.bmp

LoadoutFile=TU-22K_LOADOUT.INI

AvionicsDLL=Avionics60.dll

AvionicsDataFilename=F-111A_avionics.ini

LoadingScreen=tu22.bmp

I just tried it and it looks pretty sharp.

Edited by Czech6

Guest Saganuay82

Move the F-111 cockpit folder, the cockpit ini and the avionics ini over to the TU22 folder. Then in your TU22.ini change the entries for cockpit and avionics to point at those files. You don't have to change names or anything of the files themselves.

Hey this is quite a cool idea, I might get a Tu-22 too.

BTW I have one question, I saw several Tu-22 variants in the DL section, which one should I pick to use for total, brutal destrucition with preference to guided A/G missiles? Is it Tu-22K?

Hey this is quite a cool idea, I might get a Tu-22 too.

BTW I have one question, I saw several Tu-22 variants in the DL section, which one should I pick to use for total, brutal destrucition with preference to guided A/G missiles? Is it Tu-22K?

Tu-22K is a bomber version as is the stock Tu-22B in WOE. The other two are ECM and Recon versions.

Did you remember to change these in the Tu-22.ini file?

[AircraftData]

AircraftFullName=Tu-22K Blinder-B

AircraftDataFile=Tu-22K_data.ini

CockpitDataFile=F-111A_cockpit.ini

HangarScreen=Blinder_Hangar.bmp

LoadoutImage=tu22_loadout.bmp

LoadoutFile=TU-22K_LOADOUT.INI

AvionicsDLL=Avionics60.dll

AvionicsDataFilename=F-111A_avionics.ini

LoadingScreen=tu22.bmp

I just tried it and it looks pretty sharp.

A small note here. The Tu-22 Blinder has a crew of three, pilot, offensive systems operator, and defensive system operator. They are in tandem, three in line astern. The F-4E cockpit is more appropriate than the F-111 cockpit. Two engines and one pilot.

very true, just like the B-58 and kind of like the B-47 (the third guy was down in the hole)...

finally shoe-horned it (interesting concept of starting over...) thanks for the help! Now if I could just cram that CCIP into there as well.

But how does one fix this:

img00021.jpg

Is it the same tga v bmp issue?

What is it you want to fix on this image? Noticed my radar image is different, and that the wing root fairing is showing in the lower left, which means the cockpit is set too far back.

Tried the A-5A cockpit since it's a tandem-seat, twin-engine bomber very similar to the Tu-22. Neither the A-5 or the F-111 have the covered cockpit of the Tu-22 or B-58, and I can't find where anyone has made a cockpit of that type.