Sign in to follow this  
Guest capun

3d Max World Object & Decal Coordinates

Guest capun

(This will help a lot of folks in trying to figure out what's where on what part of the model. My thanks to Capun for posting this little explainations - Wrench)

A lot of questions are asked about how the model coordinates work. I made this pictures a while back to explain it to a modder.

- Coordinate points are referenced in a X,Y,Z format

- All coordinate points are referenced to the 3DS Max World Center, that is where the X,Y,Z are all 0 (zeroes)

- Here's the Left side view

gallery_198_115_141553.jpg

- Here's the Top Side view

gallery_198_115_63010.jpg

- Here's the Front Side view, but in 3DS Max it is called the Back view

gallery_198_115_78214.jpg

For Example

- Left Engine Nacelle location could be at -2.0,-0.5,-0.1

- Right Engine Nacelle locatation could be at 2.0,-0.5,-0.1

Guest capun

A lot of questions are asked about how the Decal coordinates work. I made this pictures a while back to explain it to a modder.

- Coordinate points are referenced in a modified X,Y,Z format where only 2 values are used depending on the DecalFacing type.

- All coordinate points are referenced to the 3DS Max World Center, that is where the X,Y,Z are all 0 (zeroes)

- Here's the Left side view. For DecalFacing Left and Right, you only use the Y and Z coordinates

gallery_198_115_42943.jpg

- Here's the Top side View. For DecalFacing Top and Bottom, you only use the X and Y coordinates

gallery_198_115_27821.jpg

- Here's the Front side View. For DecalFacing Front and Back, you only use the X and Z coordinates

gallery_198_115_101917.jpg