Sign in to follow this  
Conehead

TrackIR with Falcon

Hi, has anyone used TrackIR with Falcon 4 and would you recommend it? Any of the reviews I've read speak very highly of it, but it would be good to get the opinion of someone on this forum who's actually used it.

It's expensive, but is it worth it?

Hi, has anyone used TrackIR with Falcon 4 and would you recommend it? Any of the reviews I've read speak very highly of it, but it would be good to get the opinion of someone on this forum who's actually used it.

It's expensive, but is it worth it?

I have its great need to do some smoothing of movement in 2d cockpit...3d pit is like glass but I have only the stock pit and its lousy....stopword 2d pit on f4 af is great....Anyway on all my falcon versions track ir works like a charm....

Mindbender

So it works in the 2D view as well? I thought it only worked in the padlock view. Interesting.

So it works in the 2D view as well? I thought it only worked in the padlock view. Interesting.

Any sim that doesnt support TrackIR is obsolete IMO - if you can afford it get one - I will never fly a sim without one ever again!

Yes TIR works in the Falcon 2D cockpit - Is supposed to allow you to move to the different screens - but is too difficult to control IMO - Basically switch that function off in the setup and use it in the 3D cockpit only where it works as its supposed to.

Any sim that doesnt support TrackIR is obsolete IMO - if you can afford it get one - I will never fly a sim without one ever again!

Yes TIR works in the Falcon 2D cockpit - Is supposed to allow you to move to the different screens - but is too difficult to control IMO - Basically switch that function off in the setup and use it in the 3D cockpit only where it works as its supposed to.

I'd agree CoolHand 29....my question is what do you use for a 3d pit....I need something better than what I'm using now

Mindbender

I'd agree CoolHand 29....my question is what do you use for a 3d pit....I need something better than what I'm using now

Mindbender

I use the default 3D pit in AF myself - although a bloke called Zerk on the Frugals Forum is developing version 2 of his freeware 3D pit for AF that has more functionality than the default one - check that out if you can

If you fly Red Viper(FF4) or Open Falcon then you can get clickable 3D pits and use 6DoF on TrackIR

Thanks for the info have falcon 4 with superpak and falcon 4 af haven gotten around to the other modded versions but the 6dof may motivate me some...thanks for the info