Sign in to follow this  
Nesher

I LOVE Americans!

you don't know how sad I am right now...

i was with a birthright group (jewish people that come from all over the world.. mine were from the U.S.)

and we just said good bye to them.. hopefully it's more like "see ya later"

it was AMAZING!

I LOVE THEM SO MUCH... it was great meeting and getting to know them

here is some of the group in Ein Gedi stream in the Israeli desert

post-540-1200771794_thumb.jpg

I'm in the middle with a brown shirt and my fingers on my nipples LOL

if you are jewish and have the chance. do it!

it's between the ages of 18 to 26... send your kids...incredible...!!!

smack that camel

post-540-1201412683_thumb.jpg

:rofl:

Edited by Nesher

I can't even express how MUCH of a desire I have to see Isreal...like you say, it's something every Jew should do at point in their life. (do we make pilgrimages???)

All our historical roots are there; physical and spiritual. Something I think a lot of, in particular us non-secular Jews, need to get back in touch with.

My mother went, many years ago, and I relish looking at her photos, especially of Jerusalem and the Wailing Wall. I'd want to do ALL the touristy things!!!! Float in the Dead Sea, see the ruins, ... oh yah, the 9 yards.

Maybe someday!

Wrench

Kevin Stein

I can't even express how MUCH of a desire I have to see Isreal...like you say, it's something every Jew should do at point in their life. (do we make pilgrimages???)

All our historical roots are there; physical and spiritual. Something I think a lot of, in particular us non-secular Jews, need to get back in touch with.

My mother went, many years ago, and I relish looking at her photos, especially of Jerusalem and the Wailing Wall. I'd want to do ALL the touristy things!!!! Float in the Dead Sea, see the ruins, ... oh yah, the 9 yards.

Maybe someday!

Wrench

Kevin Stein

I'm not Jewish, but I did get my degree in history, and there is no disputing that so much of western civilization (irrespective of religion) can be traced back to that area. I would love to visit to see the places that played such an important part in the history of man.

Kevin... hope you will come :)

and it's free with birthright.. :P

everyone is welcomed offcourse!!

anyways you have many places to visit, hestorical and new as well...

10 days is never enough.. but you will enjoy it very much :)

I toured Israel for 2 weeks back in 1999 ... went to the Tank Museum twice! :D

Visited the Air Foce Museum in Beersheba too, but lost most of my photos of that place.

Had rented a car and went nearly everywhere, all over the country.

view west to east, roman ramp up to Masada and the Dead Sea in the background

SAVE0009.jpg

The worst disappointment I had in the Navy was the port call in Haifa getting canced so we could park off Lebanon for a month. I thought I would get over it on or our Palma De Orca stop in Spain. Denied again. A whole month of 24 hour flex deck flight ops of central america instead. :ph34r: CL

Finally! Some one says somethings nice about Americans! Thank God

YOU SUPPORT AMERICAN PIGS YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM INFIDEL

IN A FEW MINUTES YOU WILL EXPLODE

There are programs for kids to go on groups like that from boston to Israel ...start saving at birth the get to go at thirteen...both my kids going...wifes been....closest I'm going to get for a while is WOI

YOU SUPPORT AMERICAN PIGS YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM INFIDEL

IN A FEW MINUTES YOU WILL EXPLODE

Oh, they already tried to kill me a few times...maybe God is keeping me around for comic relief? :victory:

Oh, they already tried to kill me a few times...maybe God is keeping me around for comic relief? :victory:

So you're Barney Fife?

Even though Im not Jewish I would love to visit Israel! There is so much history there and I would love to try some of the local Cuisine! BTW how is the food Israel Mannie?

we have good food here... don't worry :)

and it's Hen not Mannie

I visted Israel a few times while I was in the Navy and loved it everytime! :good::good::good:

we have good food here... don't worry :)

and it's Hen not Mannie

Hen buddy, so what if our friend falcon here got a little mixed up with the names?

Sorry guys, but it seems that somehow I missed this thread. F__k me!!! :rofl::rofl:

Yes I second my friend here Nesher, food is wonderful.

Guys you are most welcomed to visit our country jews and non jews alike.

as you said Hen, I love Americans to.

Despite of what others around the world think about Americans, I do not think that way.

I gotta be frank with you guys. I loved the sound of american english long before I knew the ABC.

I loved it so much, I was laying in bed at night before going to sleep with my little radio transistor, listening to the

"VOICE OF AMERICA".

I understood nothing at first, but it has gotten easier as time went by.

And then slowly but surely I have adopted a kind of an american accent.

(A mixture of New Yorker, LA man, Texan and everything alse that you can think of) :biggrin:

God bless America. :good:

Edited by MannieB.

I'm not upset hehe ^_^

unlike my friend here I started watching 80-90's American shows

and i love watching todays recent shows, way better than Israeli shows

how's the photo? no comments on that? :)

I don't think anyone has thanked America since about ehhh 1944/45 or so. Your country has a ton of history in it (military and cultural), and is on my of places to visit when I get a chance. Some of my Jewish friends have done the program that starts at a concentration camp (Auswitz ...ugh, can't spell today), and continues into Israel.

Mannie and Nesher, Ive got to say the feeling here in America is mutual. Israel has always had a special place with Americans. I had the pleasure of visiting Haifa and Tel Aviv, Israel back in '79 while aboard the Independance. In 3 tours and deployments overseas around the world, I never felt more welcome than in Israel. EVERYONE was friendly. Would love to go back and see it again, this time visit some places I missed the first time around like Jerusalem and Masada, and see Ceasaria again; so much history its humbling. Interesting to think Israel is at a world crossroads; Europe, Asia, Africa, all connected there. Trade-routes, marching armies, travelers. In my Adventist faith, Its said God put his people there in that strategic place to be a light to the world. That would certainly be the place.

I'm not upset hehe ^_^

unlike my friend here I started watching 80-90's American shows

and i love watching todays recent shows, way better than Israeli shows

how's the photo? no comments on that? :)

The photo, yes.

Oh man its great, You must of had a lot of fun there.

Cheers.

Is non-secular a word? :grin:

Sorry? don't know what you mean. :dntknw:

Hi Nesher,

It's been a long time since I posted on CombatAce, but I logged onto the site just now and read your post. I have emailed you before to say how sympathetic I am towards the problems the Israeli people constantly face. Also, that I am so thankful for the friendship between the US and Israel.

Indeed, if I was still a young man, I would join the Israeli Navy to help defend your country!

Take care, my friend.

Navy Chief

thanks chief, I am not forgetting your friendship and support :)

p.s.

check out the new photo on thr main post :D

Edited by Nesher