Sign in to follow this  
ordway

Help with campaign altitudes

I'm totally new at this. Is there a way to make it so that in a campaign and single mission that when you press the autopilot, you only stay at low altitudes...like in an African bush campaign?

Thanks for any help

Try the MISSIONCONTROL.INI. Its located in the Flight folder, in the MissionData.cat file. You have to use the SFP1e extractor tool...available HERE if you don't have it already. You may also want to reset the InitialClimbAltitude= value in the Waypoint section. I have used this .ini to set normal cruise altitudes to higher levels but I have not tried it for low atitudes....don't know why it shouldn't work though.

edit....Sorry, I'm not up on campaigns. Also the values in the .ini are in meters.

In the MissionControl.ini trying setting Normal to whatever altitude you want (in meters) to try it out. Seems like the sim generally chooses Normal and occasionally High for me.

The bombsight pack has the altitudes modded super high...so just compare what they made high from the original and change it in the other direction...rather vicarious learning if you will