Sign in to follow this  
Dawgs241

FALCON 4 and Vista?

Short answer: Yes

Longer answer: I have Vista 32-bit and I've been playing it fine. No issues.

Guest Bounder

yep same here looks great on Nivida 8800 gts too

I am about to Order this game online and would like to know if this game runs with Vista.

F4-AF will run under Vista, but there is currently a transparency issue with ATI drivers and Vista.

We are currently in process of testing patch 1.13 which will fix this issue.

You can read some info here on it

http://www.lead-pursuit.com/news.htm

Ed_1

Many thanks Ed_1 - nice to see some input from Lead Pursuit on here :)

F4-AF will run under Vista, but there is currently a transparency issue with ATI drivers and Vista.

We are currently in process of testing patch 1.13 which will fix this issue.

You can read some info here on it

http://www.lead-pursuit.com/news.htm

Ed_1

It'd doesn't work with me I just bought a neew laptop with windos vista and ATI HD Radeon VGA card. I tried many many times but with no hope. every time I try to open the game I get a black screen with the initial sound. I've tried patch 1013 but it doesn't work either I don't know why, the black screen with the sound again. I had to install it back on my old laptop which doesn't have numeric pad which is very annoying for me.

So plz if you can hep I be thankfull.

works fine with me but I use Vista and Nvidia.

It'd doesn't work with me I just bought a neew laptop with windos vista and ATI HD Radeon VGA card. I tried many many times but with no hope. every time I try to open the game I get a black screen with the initial sound. I've tried patch 1013 but it doesn't work either I don't know why, the black screen with the sound again. I had to install it back on my old laptop which doesn't have numeric pad which is very annoying for me.

So plz if you can hep I be thankfull.

:no: It doesn't work at all every time I try to open it I get a black screen with the background sound No more. if u'd like to try it yourself my laptop is toshiba p300 with Ati HD radeon, core 2 duo 2.3, 4G RAM, 400GB, vista. it worked with me on my old laptop so there is nothing wrong with the software!!!!

Thats a known problem - happened on XP also that did - there is a solution - search old posts on here or at Frugals world because it was very common

Thats a known problem - happened on XP also that did - there is a solution - search old posts on here or at Frugals world because it was very common

Open up the intro movies in media player, when the FFDSHOW codecs load up double click on the vid codecs, into the options and added add the video files to the ffdshow exception list, apply and close, close media player then launch the game.

Preach

Open up the intro movies in media player, when the FFDSHOW codecs load up double click on the vid codecs, into the options and added add the video files to the ffdshow exception list, apply and close, close media player then launch the game.

Preach

Sorry I'm new in this world can u explain to me slowly :rolleyes: ok 1st I open the intro movie in media player , then .... !!!!!. what's the FFDSHOW codec ?!!

Sorry I Didn't get it :(. Anyway thanks so much for ur help

Sorry I'm new in this world can u explain to me slowly :rolleyes: ok 1st I open the intro movie in media player , then .... !!!!!. what's the FFDSHOW codec ?!!

Sorry I Didn't get it :(. Anyway thanks so much for ur help

Look for the red and blue boxes appear next to your system clock and double click the video one, its the red one i think. I've just read again that you have Vista, so it might be different for you.

Look for the red and blue boxes appear next to your system clock and double click the video one, its the red one i think. I've just read again that you have Vista, so it might be different for you.

I found the ffdshow video decoder on the taskbar :clapping: but I didn't find the "vid codecs" or the options. Sorry bro its not ur problem thnx so much.

:yahoo: I finally manged to get it work I've uninstalled the k-lite media player classic codec and booooooom it worked. cheers preach for ur help.

but I just found that I need a codec to play my videos :crazy: do u know any codec which won't be able to cause this problem ???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm pretty sure the only way around it is to add those falcon intro vids to the codec exception list.

Preach