I modified the standard flakland campaign, by having very high ship types values, and ship organized in target areas, so that the campaign directs missions (strike missions, not anti_ship missions) against them

Of course the loadout needs to be changed. Not a problem with flakland since A-4 and pucara have dumb bombs and rocktes anyway. Trickier with etendards that might be tasked to attack ground targets while arme with exocets when AI managed. But by having a little number of etendard in the campaign ( which is realistic, I think they had 6 and 5 exocets in total) this possibility is reduced.

Indeed the system generates nice missions of attacks against supply ships, shffield destroeyes,(bristoll class), etc..

Now my problem is that the sheffield (bristol ship, downloaded at combat ace) resisted two direct exocet hits....is the weapon not that great? the ship should have no flight deck, so should be destructible

Thus saying wher ein the hell is the setting that lowers dmage points for ships?

I need to know that to proceed with the GIUK project I have in mind

• Like 1

doesnt the ship have an armor value also?

I don't think that is the point; besides strangley one out of three launches has effect..

no offense but go trust french weapons...

I am kidding french aces eh?

Edited by Canadair

Well, the real Sheffield was sunk by an Exocet, but the missile warhead didn't explode!!!!! It was sunk by the kinetic energy of the impact, so the strenght of the game's Sheffield is way overmodelled if it can hold two direct impacts (explosion included).

Well, the real Sheffield was sunk by an Exocet, but the missile warhead didn't explode!!!!! It was sunk by the kinetic energy of the impact, so the strenght of the game's Sheffield is way overmodelled if it can hold two direct impacts (explosion included).

I read that, about the warhead not exploding,, but still...

I read that, about the warhead not exploding,, but still...

it was sunk more by the unexpended fuel torching off the ship in an uncontrollable conflagration.

i've been modifying the falklands terrain too, to get the ships in original target areas (more or less) where they were attacked, and messed the targets.ini or types.ini, i can't remember cause it was like 6 or 8 moths ago, the thing was that the ships did sunk at the first bomb touch, even with gun fire, also the Invincible exploded with some missiles, but can't remember if it was the ships already included in the map or the one i have set in the mission builder,........

this lines : DestroyedEffect=SmallRocketGroundExplosion..... changed to this:

==>>DestroyedEffect=LargeRocketGroundExplosion

in each ship

don't remember the RepairRate=

THe ships some times sunk and other times just exploded, the carriers always disapeared with the explosion (they don't sink like destroyers).....

As for the exocet, they some times do they work and some times don't, in real life and in the game too, even changing the weapon values to nuclear effect......

I hope this help you....i'm taking falklands again after a long time.....

post-27308-1201119877_thumb.jpg

post-27308-1201119939_thumb.jpg

very nice work...

excelent

info about real life exocet???

1. "the missile dont sink the ship.....why?" because dont is design to do it. the idea es that the missile hit the center of the target, where destroy the room called "C&C", the center of command and control, without this the ship cant do anything...and you need another ship to pull it out of the zone...so with 1 shoot you put out of combat 2 ships.

2. "about malvinas/falklands airplanes and missiles?" Argentina receiv 5 SUE and 5 exocet. then put 1 airplane out of service to take pieces of it if needed. Do all the missions with 2 SUE (super etendart) and 1 missile for plane...except the last one with only the last missile. Try to buy in the black market but no way...

3. "sheffield" Two missile launch, 1 it the target at about 15 miles. dont explode but the rest of the rocket fuel start a fire, it become out of control and burn the ship.

4. "why dont explode?" a malfunction on all the early models of the exocet, then reprogramed and fixed.

5. "why your english is so bad?" because i dont practice too much...but i just wanna share mi opinion with all of you.

thanks for your work and keep doing things...when i fix my joystick "ill be baaaaaaaaack"

good night.