Sign in to follow this  
MadJeff

HyperLobby to shut down August 4!

Some major bad news on the MultiPlayer front today. Jiri just posted this on the HyperLobby site a few minutes ago

Hello All

I think going time to close my support for HyperLobby online service. We had a lot of great time here, but anythink can live forever. HyperLobby was here for last 3 years due to support and effort of some peopes. I must say my big thanks for that support !!!

I will shutdown HyperLobby server in 4th August 2003, for ever ...  

Jiri

This is a major blow to sim users. I'll post more as it comes in, but you can read more on the HyperLobby site.

This is a HUGE blow to everyone. I'm sure there are countless people waiting for SFP1 to improve MP and play in the Hyperlobby....not to mention those that knew Jiri was looking foward to supporting LOMAC in it as well.

I've been using HL since Day one of it's existance. This is a sad day indeed... :cry::cry::cry: .

Countless squads will be looking more to alternatives like Gamespy..and that just makes me mad. There are thousands that play via HL in a wide range of flight sims.....It will be greatly missed.

Fates

This IS bad news for us simmers. HL was straightforward, easy, and free. I wonder why Jiri decided to call it quits? I wonder if HL shouldnt become a pay service if money is a problem. I would pay a small fee to fly on HL. Probably just jiri ready to move on, which I can understand...still a bummer though.

one of the few good services and it closes..I wish Jiri nothing but the best and hate to see him go..maybe TK will fix the direct play in SF and we can still make a chat room and pick games from there..like the WPL in Silent Hunter/Destroyer Command.

Don't panic men !

We're ( a lot of people ) 99% sure that it is a bad joke from a hacker who acted repeatedly against Jiri's and Luthier's, and many other FB and SFP1 modder's sites :evil: .

More : the text is far from Jiri's style, who shouldn't have set such a short time annoucement, without a long and clear explanation, accordingly to his usual courtesy and respect toward the community.

Please forward this information, you can get its confirmation in many other sim forums.

And keep cool, waiting for Jiri's reaction :wink:

And if you manage to catch this asshole, please leave me a piece for my entertainment :twisted: !

Ogh

Oh ogh, if you were right.

Catching that hacker would cause the biggest LAN Session (wireless and fulcontact) you could imagine.

Striker01

Hmm... maybe that twisted psycho Galen Thurber?

I hope HL doesnt get shut down. Ubi's limited and the Gayspy is well... just gay.

Cheers,

Jay

Well it looks like HL will stay after all, but Jiri's follow-up message certainly didn't shine any light on the problem... ;)

What was Jiri talking when he spoke about "deamons" and "Inferno"?