Sign in to follow this  
AndrewZ

Where can I play online with IL2 1946?

Hallo everybody,

I was playing IL2 FB AEP via UBI.com Lobby on the CYS ("Check your Six") Sever for a month or so now.

But yesterday I bought IL2 1946.

When I was on HyperLobby I saw many servers there, so which one to choose?

I played on CYS because this server offers a statistic web-page where you can see which guy had howmany "kills", flown which plane, and so on. I really love that statistics, cause so i compete against the other pilots on a long term. I love to see which one is the ACE of ACEs after a month or so.

So here is my question to you guys who hopefully know what i am seeking:

Which server on HyperLobby offers also a statistic page ?

Ok, maybe i could find out myself, but i hope you´ll give me a clue, so i can save some time on searching and trying out?

Also i want to mention here, that i am playing FlightSims for over 20 years now. I want to have a real challange, not a server full of newbies, which cant even get the plane in the air, and crashing during take-off.

So could anyone help me here?

I just installed 1946 and want to go online....(to shoot you down... :biggrin:  ..)

Thanks a lot for reading this...

Even more thanks if you reply...

Have a nice day,

Andrew

Try WarClouds, I can guarantee you quality players this where I fly for past 2 or so years, other than WC there is:

UKDedicated2(padlock and externals ON) and especially UKD3 - great maps and scenarious, expirienced players, people here are so friendly you feel sorry when you shoot somebody down :biggrin:

Winds Of War - great server, might be a bit empty currently but definitely worth of cheking out

Spits vs 109's and Zeke vs Wildcat - sister servers with great maps and a lot of work invested into both of them, it's a bit too demanding for my system so I don't play on them often but nevertheless they are very cool

There are others but let's say theese are currently my favourites...

Hi Brain32,

thank you for your fast reply.

I found the servers you mentioned, but i am still confused !!!

WHY ?

Because when i want to join the server says:" wrong version:you need vers. 4.08"

Ok. My version is 4.07 and i think its no problem to patch to v4.08...

BUT...

When the game is loading it is not loading "IL2 1946" but it is loading "IL2 FB AEP v.2.04" which is also on my harddisk.

I tried to redirect the path to "1946" in the lobby and in the REGISTRY but it doesn´t work.( or i dont know how to do it)

Then i deinstalled the HyperLobby Client and reinstalled it, but still its loading "FB AEP"...

I am very confused now, with all that different versions of the game.

I thought that when i have "1946" it is "downward compatible" so i can play FB,PF,AEP and 1946...

The other way around is:

When i try to connect via UBI.COM to the CYS-Server it says:

"wrong version: you need v.2.04" but i have 4.07 ?? Arrgh...very confusing... :crazy:   

So do i have to deinstall the "IL2 FB AEP" version? But then i cant connect to a server with "FB AEP" ?

Maybe I find out myself the next days...Maybe some of you experienced players can give me a clue...

I know you heard this maybe a hundred times or so, but i need some HELP...

Thanks...

Andrew

Edited by AndrewZ

Because when i want to join the server says:" wrong version:you need vers. 4.08"

Yes for playing online you have to be updated to the latest version, patches also bring new planes, maps,objects so you basically always want to update anyway, soon you will need v409 but not yet :wink:

When the game is loading it is not loading "IL2 1946" but it is loading "IL2 FB AEP v.2.04" which is also on my harddisk.

You need to point HyperLobby to the proper *.exe file and that's ofcourse the one of your il2 1946 installation. Reinstall does not work because the little fecker is trying to be usefull and keeps the path to the game in registry.

To open "path to exe" dialog you have to keep SHIFT button pressed while pressing "connect" then just type the path and you are ready to go :wink:

I thought that when i have "1946" it is "downward compatible" so i can play FB,PF,AEP and 1946...

Well...you can't the game is simply not downward compatible, but I don't really see the need for it...

When i try to connect via UBI.COM to the CYS-Server it says:

"wrong version: you need v.2.04" but i have 4.07 ??

Don't try to connect via UBI.com, the online play there "died" long ago if you can find 5 players there then it's crowded :biggrin: Actually you generally really do not need AEP v2.04...

I know you heard this maybe a hundred times or so, but i need some HELP...

Well yes I did since I play the game since 2003 but I know that things can be confusing and one small mistake can lead to complete confusion lol