Uploaded a mod to provide a TCS capabilty in the F-14 series.

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autom...p;showfile=5864

and updated the F-14A+ to include the TCS

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autom...p;showfile=3924

its only a boresighted view, cannot track targets but it is there.

its only a boresighted view, cannot track targets but it is there.

Limitations, limitations, limitations

I have beena a great defender of SFP1 series but it is gettng on my terms; especially because many features are semi-activated.

I understand the low funding etc etc, but ,, I mean,, you know,,,,

We will see about WOI.

I have beena a great defender of SFP1 series but it is gettng on my terms; especially because many features are semi-activated.

We will see about WOI.

I hear you....

hoping that some additional features can/will be implemented as time goes on.

this one is kinda cool, but only a little since it won't track (yet). But if you are smooth on the controls you can roll in and manually track a target a ways further out than you can visually pick it up. Adds a little bit of a challenge.

We will see about WOI.

I don't know , I hope that in future the ADI ball can be replaced with a radar or tv screen, but right now I will take it, and typhoid's tweaks are always decent, and on par. His stuff has saved me going through the F-14 ini and adjusting the loads and cockpits, every time I do a reinstall or drive wipe.

The f-14 pit has come a long way and who knows what the future will bring. Now if we can just get some hud symbology.

I don't know , I hope that in future the ADI ball can be replaced with a radar or tv screen, but right now I will take it, and typhoid's tweaks are always decent, and on par. His stuff has saved me going through the F-14 ini and adjusting the loads and cockpits, every time I do a reinstall or drive wipe.

The f-14 pit has come a long way and who knows what the future will bring. Now if we can just get some hud symbology.

thanks. Your last comment though has me curious, what symbology are you looking for beyond what is in Sandmartin's incorporated herein?

We will see about WOI.

Well he must be doing something right or some of us would not have been modding for 5 years. If it bugs you so much, don't play/mod it. No sim is perfect. One will always miss something.

Well he must be doing something right or some of us would not have been modding for 5 years. If it bugs you so much, don't play/mod it. No sim is perfect. One will always miss something.

He is doing loads and loads. No need to warm up so quickly. I was surprised of this though

I posted this on 3rdwire forum as well, and he promptly answered showing interests in the finding...

Edited by Canadair

thanks. Your last comment though has me curious, what symbology are you looking for beyond what is in Sandmartin's incorporated herein?

Well the last F-14 update I used had the F-15A and WOE hud symbols, I believe it was sandmartin's. Also I did do a avionics swap with one of the older F-15s from Column5's site. I did that because I wanted two eras of F-14s in game. (Basically the stock Mirage Factory one with Vf-1, and other hi-vis skins) which were 70s-80s era planes, and then the another F-14 folder which had flat grey skins and a/g capability for use in the 90-00s.

As far as windscreen symbols go I have seen pics, posts, videos, and etc. of what have coined, the correct F-14 windscreen symbols, but I am not sure if these have been released. (maybe they have but I haven't gotten up to speed yet.)

Edited by ironroad

Well the last F-14 update I used had the F-15A and WOE hud symbols, I believe it was sandmartin's. Also I did do a avionics swap with one of the older F-15s from Column5's site. I did that because I wanted two eras of F-14s in game. (Basically the stock Mirage Factory one with Vf-1, and other hi-vis skins) which were 70s-80s era planes, and then the another F-14 folder which had flat grey skins and a/g capability for use in the 90-00s.

As far as windscreen symbols go I have seen pics, posts, videos, and etc. of what have coined, the correct F-14 windscreen symbols, but I am not sure if these have been released. (maybe they have but I haven't gotten up to speed yet.)

avionics swaps can come up with some interesting results. I might look at some other options for that in the future after some other projects get done.

"limitations"...you call that limitations? come on man...we are just now (five years for some of us) getting native support for airplanes parked on a silly airfield...welcome to "Chuck Yeager" except like 14 years later

"limitations"

So, have another Mountain Dew and bag of Cheetohs and enjoy the fun of strafing trucks...