Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Maryland ANG C-130J Skins

Maryland ANG C-130J Skins

C-130J skin by Bib and USAFMTL

Drop into your C-130J folder and fly.

Maryland ANG.

Thanks to Dels for the plane and the templates.

Great job! Is this squadron based out of Andrews AFB?

I thinks its out of BWI.

Guest CW2. Wells

No, the squadron is out of Martin State Airport just outside of Essex Maryland. It's identifier is KMTN. I asked Dave to do this skin because this is the place I learned to fly fixed wing at. On the other side of the airport is Warfield ANGB. The Squadron is the 175th Wing. The 175th Wing is composed of two flying Squadrons, the 104th Fighter Squadron and the 135th Airlift Squadron. The 104th Fighter Squadron operates A-10s, while the 135th operates the C-130J.

At the time I was there, the 135th was the only fully operational C-130J Squadron in the Air Force. I loved flying in the pattern with these big ass birds. The A-10s were fun too, I loved seeing them take off in tandem.

If you are ever out at Martin State Airport there is a static display of all types of aircraft. It is on the back side of the airport. You will have to ask the gate guard how to get to it, because I have forgotten. There are a number of aircraft just sitting out at the airport that you can walk up to and get a close look at. The downside is that the aircraft are kind of falling apart due to lack of care, just sitting in the sun year after year.

http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.sear...ine_version=6.0

Click on that link and you will see what I am talking about. It is still fun to see them up close like that.

Oh, I think I've seen that field on the train up to Philly. It was cool seeing the rows of A-10s parked out on the tarmac.

Guest CW2. Wells

If you were on an Amtrak you most likely did. Amtrak trains run right by the airport twice daily.

That's the one then! :ok: