Sign in to follow this  
gregair

Aermacchi MB326 KC / Impala MK2

Anybody interested in modding one of the two MB 326 models to the single seat, twin 30mm cannon equipped Aermacchi MB326 KC / Impala MK2 ?

These aircraft have some great colour schemes and have seen a lot of action in Africa.

Besides strike/ ground attack/ close air support and Recce missions South African Air Force also used them to shoot down a number of Angolan Mi24's and Mi17 choppers.

Could do some interesting African campaigns with these sort of aircraft and would involve a lot of interesting aircraft combinations.

Any news on the Buccaneer that someone was making?

Guest Saganuay82

Yes please.

<<

Anybody interested in modding one of the two MB 326 models to the single seat, twin 30mm cannon equipped Aermacchi MB326 KC / Impala MK2 ?

These aircraft have some great colour schemes and have seen a lot of action in Africa.

Besides strike/ ground attack/ close air support and Recce missions South African Air Force also used them to shoot down a number of Angolan Mi24's and Mi17 choppers.

Could do some interesting African campaigns with these sort of aircraft and would involve a lot of interesting aircraft combinations.>>

I completed the Impala II including a skin a week ago, but it needs a correct short external canopy (single seater). Otherwise, it is finished including cockpit modifications. Someone could also add correct external bumps for the cannons...the ones I have are okay...but too short. I don't have the skill to do these final two modifications with the canopy and actual cannon bumps...anyone?

Edited by ordway

Thats great, how did you do the skin, do you have templates?

Any chance you could send me your mod?

<<

Thats great, how did you do the skin, do you have templates?

[[Any chance you could send me your mod?>>

I have to ask permission from Foxmonter before I can send it....then I would/will send it. Can you do anything with the canopy or longer bulges?

Remember, it still has the old longer canopy, and now correctly one seat.

For the skin, I'm pretty handy at repainting one of the existing skins.

Errr never mind I guess...someone did an official job!!! (look above!).

Ja, thanks, that has been on Marc Fighters as a project for a while now but there is no release timeframe, they do look very nice though.

I hope they release soon

Hey Ordway, it might be an idea to continue with your mod anyway, you never know when these othe aircraft will be released.

Guest Saganuay82
Hey Ordway, it might be an idea to continue with your mod anyway, you never know when these othe aircraft will be released.

Good idea. Those pics have been around for awhile. You keep going on yours.

- "Could do some interesting African campaigns with these sort of aircraft and would involve a lot of interesting aircraft combinations"

Yes, please!

Ordway, please show us the Impala skin

Ordway, please show us the Impala skin

Okay, it's all ready to upload. I'm just waiting for Foxmonter's permission.

Fileshack is not letting me upload an image right now...any suggestions for alternative ways?

Photobucket! I use that after imageshack became time consuming.

Guest Saganuay82

Skins are OK to upload without prior permission. It is best to include in the Read Me that you made this skin based on this template or this skin from this author.

Photobucket! I use that after imageshack became time consuming.

Here's pics of the Impala II " Macchi preproduction" skin and cockpit. Note the working internal cannon and "preproduction" cannon bulges under the nose. This is the skin of SAAF squadron no. 4.

Impala IIs are reported to have had at least six air-air victories in service with the SAAF during bushwars (ACIG).

This model is heavier with a more powerful engine than the previous two seaters.

http://www.acig.org/artman/publish/article_183.shtml

img00003.jpg

img00006.jpg

Original Cockpit and aircraft by Fox Monter

img00005.jpg

Edited by ordway

Guest Saganuay82

Well ya got some pics posted but if you are going to show a pic of the plane you have to get up close. Zoom in on it and show it off. Map the keyboard so you can get rid of that surround information in the corners and then take your pics.

Nice pics, I like the cockpit mods. I have an Impala MK1 skin "in the works", I am new to this, low on skills but will try post a pic soon.

- "Map the keyboard so you can get rid of that surround information in the corners and then take your pics"

how does one do that?

Keyboard Control Map --> HUD information toggle , WOE already has ALT+D assigned by default ( IIRC), SF and WOV not

Guest Saganuay82

Beat me to it huh ya lil..........

I use alt-p to pause the game then shift-F12 to get out of the cockpit. Then I just use the mouse to move around, zoom in or out, frame my shot and print-screen to take the pic, like this Angolan Hind just waiting to be shot down by your Impala:

Angola.jpg

Edited by allenjb42