Sign in to follow this  
Dagger

i racing accounces their pricing

Ok so iracing has announced the pricing for their new pay to play racing simulator, check it out iracing pricing

now here is my thoughts on this:

Using the full-year subscription:

$13 per month X 12 months = $156 per year

or

Using the 1 month at a time subscription:

$20 per month X 12 months = $240 per year

Say you want all the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series tracks...

22 tracks X $15 (min. price for a track) = $330

or

the max price for tracks...

22 tracks X $25 = $550

...and a bunch of different car mods to run in...we'll be conservative and say 6 mods.

6 mods X $15 per mod = $90

So the grand total per person using the minimum standards: $576

and the grand total per person using the maximum standards: $880

Say you want to start a league...each person will need the above. So for a 15-member league, iRacing will be making this much money:

($156 per year subscription + $330 for tracks + $90 for mods) X 15 members = $8,640 minimum

($240 for 1 month at a time subscription + $550 for tracks + $90 for mods) X 15 members = $13,200 maximum

I for one will not be giving john henry a penny of my money, I will continue to play and race nr2003 with the free addons and mods.

Unfortunately I've had posts deleted at RSC for not rolling out the red carpet and hailing the messiah David Kaemmer :rolleyes: I'll be keeping an eye on developments of this but it will have to be monumentally better than anything we have right now to tempt me into paying not only a subscription but then also for cars and tracks. $15-$25 per track is an unrealistic amount of money to ask for IMHO. Its irritating to see people being called cheap and wanting something for nothing just because they are not in favour of the price plan. I paid $2 an hour for the online sim 'Warbirds' back in the early 90's with a long distance phone bill on top. If its worth paying for I'll pay for it but when there is no free demo available then they are going to be out of luck getting a subscription from me.

two words come to mind.....

F*** that

There was a post at RSC which got deleted which implied iRacing were petitioning tracks they dealt with to stop other sim makers getting licenses to use the tracks in their games. Seems pretty underhand to me if true and I don't see how any racing sim fan or racing community site could support that if there is a shred of truth to it.

Edited by Revvin

I've looked a little further for comments on the bully boy tactics allegedley played by iRacing, I found this comment from a member of the 'SimFactory' who are close to releasing their ARCA Sim Racing game:

Mostly licensing has been the main factor in delaying release. Dodge recently changed hands when Daimler Chrysler was sold and our good ole competitors in the development world have done a good job trying to sideline some of our licensing deals....unfortunatly their attempts have failed but it did cause a bit of a delay.

This is the link to the forum thread - 1st reply

Then there is the post at the bottom of this thread:

As for the license thing.... I will let those companies let it out if they want. I for one will not give them one dollar. They went and treated the community like none of us mattered.

With a further reply on the second page of that would perhaps link the comment above with ASR

As far as the licenses go, the info is out there on plenty of boards that are discussing the topic. After what we witnessed a few years ago, should we be surprised that they would do this?

If they have such a superior product...wouldn't it stand on its own without having to contact track owners, and asked them not to allow licensing of their tracks to other software developers? Why would they do that? Paranoia? Sounds like an attempt to limit competition to me. So far we know they were afraid of...modified exes...NR2003 code itself, and ASR.

This is ludicrous.

Are they unaware of all the work being done FOR FREE for rfactor? Like I would ever pay more than $100 for one sim, no matter how many cars or tracks were in it.

On the individual track licensing part, I'm thinking no company would give an untried company exlcusive rights, that's fiscally stupid. This isn't EA or Sony asking to do it, like F1 and NASCAR fell for. This iracing has a nice pedigree, but we all know the apple can fall VERY far from the tree.

I guess they figured what's good for Microsoft...

$156 a year or you could spend £24 and get live for speed...hmmmm tough choice.

And rFactor, NetKar Pro, ARCA Sim Racing and RACE 07

"We're a regular sim...that you pay for like it's an MMO! It's WoW for racers!!"

NOT.