Sign in to follow this  
Dave

VF-103 Sluggers skin for Mirage Factory F-8E

VF-103 Sluggers skin for Mirage Factory F-8E

VF-103 (the "Sluggers") was activated in 1952 as an F4U Corsair squadron. VF-103 shortly transitioned to the F9F Cougar. After a few years with the Cougar, VF-103 was one of the first squadrons to transition to the F-8 Crusader. Once the transition was completed they were teamed up with VF-102 on board Forrestal. Before the introduction to supersonic Crusader jets, American carrier battle groups were often embarrassed by British bombers during allied exercises as the RAF English Electric Canberras had always been able to make mock attacks on US Carriers with impunity. The carrier-based fighters at the time simply could not put up much resistance. During the 1958 Mediterranean cruise, British pilots were shocked when VF-103 tore through their formation of Canberras before they even had a chance to start their simulated attack.

Just put into your MF F-8E folder and fly.

Thanks to C5 for the skin templates. Thanks the rest of the MF for everything else.

Hey Dave,

I'm having a real problem downloading the VF-103 skin always stops around 3% I tested a few other files to see if i was getting other stuff and was able to cause I thought it was my anti/spyware proggy I just installed but that seems not to be the case.... anyways I just thought i would give you a heads up....

Working fine here too. I think it is on your end.

Working fine here too. I think it is on your end.

yep ur'll right i used my girls machine to get the file and it lookin good! thanks

yep ur'll right i used my girls machine to get the file and it lookin good! thanks

Glad it worked out. And good to see you my friend. Been too long.