Sign in to follow this  
Miracles

Help with Weaponspack_3Jul06

I downloaded the popular weaponspack mod in the hope that I would get to use the R-60 in some of my add-on AC in WoV.

But after installing, the game won't execute as it gave me an error message stating that weapons.dll was not found :dntknw: ?

I'm playing with P3 installed over P2 and P1.

I'm on dial-up so I hesitate to download the 43Mb patch.

Can anyone help me with this mod?

Thx

I downloaded the popular weaponspack mod in the hope that I would get to use the R-60 in some of my add-on AC in WoV.

But after installing, the game won't execute as it gave me an error message stating that weapons.dll was not found :dntknw: ?

I'm playing with P3 installed over P2 and P1.

I'm on dial-up so I hesitate to download the 43Mb patch.

Can anyone help me with this mod?

Thx

You must use the latest patch to use the weps pack.

And then the fun reeeeeallllllyyyy begins.... :rofl:

to answer the next inevitable question;

yes, you now have NO missiles or bombs on your Red Air birds. See the Knowledge Base Forum, this thread...

Link --> How To Edit Loadouts For Weapons Pack <-- Link

for all your answers.

Follow the procedures in the first posts EXACTLY before doing anythng else.

Once you get set up, let us know if you've got any other questions.

Wrench

kevin stein

yes, you now have NO missiles or bombs on your Red Air birds. See the Knowledge Base Forum, this thread...

for all your answers.

Wrench

kevin stein

Gulp I see whether I can finish downloading the patches :sorry: ....thanks for the explanation

man, it may take a little / trial / read again / effort but it is more than worth it when you get it right

then we will get you through the effects pack and the enhanced environment mod and then adding campaigns...

Miracles, just head here and grab v05.15.06 first (the 43.1 meg patch), install it and then grab v08.30.06 (5.91 meg patch) and then you should be completely up to date and should (fingers crossed :smile: ) have no problems with using the R-60. It's a good little sucker punch of a missile once you get the hang of it!

Also, don't forget to disable your dial-up "disconnect if idle for X mins" option!

for all your answers.

Wrench

kevin stein

If I don't plan on flying any "red" planes, do the loadouts still need to be updated after weapons pack installation for the AI to loadout correctly?

If I don't plan on flying any "red" planes, do the loadouts still need to be updated after weapons pack installation for the AI to loadout correctly?

Yes they do.

Yes they do.

Just so I'm clear -

The weapons pack adds updated loadout and data .ini's when you install. The changes in the Knowledgebase need to be made in addition to the changes contained in .ini's that come with the weapons pack?

Edited by malibu43

The weapons pack adds updated loadout and data .ini's when you install. The changes in the Knowledgebase need to be made in addition to the changes contained in .ini's that come with the weapons pack?

No; that is to say, no aircraft data and loadout inis are provided in the weapons pak.

the WepPak ONLY included the gundata ini, gundata.dat, weaponsdata ini and weaponsdata dat files, along with a host of lods, bmps, tgas and things that are the weapons themselves.

YOU will be extracting the data and loadout inis for the aircraft needed the adjustments. In short, ALL the Red Air birds.

Read the first 3 posts; the first is more of a 'Table of Contents', listing the aircraft and what page it can be found on (one day I'll figure out how to link directly from the "Page#"

the next 2 posts are your basic instructions, and the order of patching/install/whatever.

follow them exactly or you'll be in a world of confusion. It's pretty straightforward, and relatively simple to do.

Wrench

kevin stein

Miracles, just head here and grab v05.15.06 first (the 43.1 meg patch), install it and then grab v08.30.06 (5.91 meg patch) and then you should be completely up to date and should (fingers crossed :smile: ) have no problems with using the R-60. It's a good little sucker punch of a missile once you get the hang of it!

Also, don't forget to disable your dial-up "disconnect if idle for X mins" option!

Ohh only two patches? Thanks for the info

Well I've applied the latest patch: P1, P2, P3, v05.15.06, v08.30.06

Then I installed the weaponspack_Jul06. Single mission is great as the new weapons are there to choose from and if I change the aircraft data nation to Soviet from NVietnam and WP I'll get the whole complete of weapons available to the Mig-21 series.

But the problem is when I select my custom campaign playing as RED(Mig-21), the weapons won't show. Only the external fuel tank is available to me.

Also when I hit the esc key WoV quit to desktop instead of bringing me back to the debriefing screen.

Any help is appreciated.

Quitting to desktop prematurely is because I accidently set WoV on compatibility mode for Win 98. After unsetting this it's alright but the Mig-21 campaigns which I've downloaded still won't give any missiles only the ext tank is selectable.

I got it working. Some notepad editing. Now my Mig- campaign works as it should be wohoooooo :ok:I got it working. Some notepad editing. Now my Mig-21 campaign works as it should be wohoooooo :ok:

Yes, you have to change the weapons listings in the campaign ini, otherwise the Commies don't get nothing...as they deserve! :haha:

The same would have to be done for anyother campaign (Desert Storm, Iran/Iraq) that uses nation-specific aircraft with nation-specifc weapons.

Wrench

kevin stein

No; that is to say, no aircraft data and loadout inis are provided in the weapons pak.

the WepPak ONLY included the gundata ini, gundata.dat, weaponsdata ini and weaponsdata dat files, along with a host of lods, bmps, tgas and things that are the weapons themselves.

YOU will be extracting the data and loadout inis for the aircraft needed the adjustments. In short, ALL the Red Air birds.

Read the first 3 posts; the first is more of a 'Table of Contents', listing the aircraft and what page it can be found on (one day I'll figure out how to link directly from the "Page#"

the next 2 posts are your basic instructions, and the order of patching/install/whatever.

follow them exactly or you'll be in a world of confusion. It's pretty straightforward, and relatively simple to do.

Wrench

kevin stein

Wrench,

I sent you some PM's to follow up on my questions about weapons pack installation. Did you ever receive them? I think I may have been having problems with my PM's...