Ok guys, third and last thread for the moment, this one will be consacred to the 3rd skinpack, depicting planes of the USMC used in the dynamic campaign. We allready have VMF(AW)-312, so it only left three squadrons to be done, and here's the first:

VMF(AW)-235 Death Angels, Da Nang, 1967:

vmf235td7.jpg

I like what I see :biggrin: :spartak:

Thanks guys, two down, one to go:

VMF(AW)-232 Red Devils, Da Nang 1966:

vmf232sh0.jpg

The "new and improved" Crusaders sure seem to have stirred up alot of peoples interest and involvement. These new birds have really reinvigorated some incredible creative juices. Good times....

All done!!

VMF(AW)-212 supporting US Marines encercled near Khe Sanh, 1966.

vmf212ms9.jpg

The unit was stationned aboard USS Oriskany, and when Cdr. James Stockdale was shot down, Lt/Col Charles Ludden, CO, replaced him as the CAG of Air Wing 16, becoming the first Marines at the top of a carrier Air Group since the end of WW2.

Pack 3 will be uploaded this afternoon, and with it, every F-8 squadrons used in the stock campaign will be done, except VF-24 wich should be released with the F-8C.

Here you go guys, it's waiting it's authorisation in the library. And I've officially deleted my stock F-8E folder in WoV!!

f8eskinpack3vx9.jpg

That's a great pack, Cork. :biggrin:

Btw, who's doing VMFA-122, 323 and 333? :wink:

After all, the WOV Crusader has some extra unit decals that are in fact not needed for the campaigns.

That's a great pack, Cork. :biggrin:

Btw, who's doing VMFA-122, 323 and 333? :wink:

After all, the WOV Crusader has some extra unit decals that are in fact not needed for the campaigns.

Ok, ok, got it loud and clear... :biggrin:

Hey Corktip, I'm making a F-8J crusader mod from the F-8E (FN). Was wondering if you had any good ideas for skins for it. Also looking for a picture of the Drop tank for the Crusader.

Hey Corktip, I'm making a F-8J crusader mod from the F-8E (FN). Was wondering if you had any good ideas for skins for it. Also looking for a picture of the Drop tank for the Crusader.

F-8J Preview at C5...

F-8J

If I am not mistaken it is the same 300-gallon Aero Products tank used by the A-4, A-6, A-7 and a lot of other Navy planes.