Sign in to follow this  
Acidrain

FarCryII Launches Official Website

The team behind inCrysis is pleased to announce two new websites:

The first is for "Mirror’s Edge" a game by EA DICE and set for release in 2008. Mirror's Edge is a revolutionary new take on the First Person Action Adventure category.

The second is for "Far Cry 2" (re-launching our old site). Far Cry 2 is set in the open savanna of Africa and offers unparalleled freedom to explore and roam.

We’d really appreciate you paying a visit and registering! Any suggestions, bug posts etc are welcomed.

Stay tuned as we will be announcing additional titles very soon.

http://www.infarcry.com/

Far Cry is one of my favorite titles, any genre, period...really hoping this will be at least as good / better !

Far Cry is one of my favorite titles, any genre, period...really hoping this will be at least as good / better !

Ive heard of FarCry though i never played it though from what i do know is that it is a popular game. Iam certainly looking forward to the game and its being built by the same guys that built Crysis.

Cheers,

Acidrain

dude, you fight mercenaries and mutant monkies on a tropical island to rescue some hot chick...'nuff said

dude, you fight mercenaries and mutant monkies on a tropical island to rescue some hot chick...'nuff said

LOL, ok!

FC2 is not being done by the guys that did FC1 and Crysis. Ubi owns the rights to the name, so they're making FC2 with a different internal team. The odd thing is you're not playing the same character and it basically has NOTHING to do with FC1 at all. They might as well have called it "African Safari".

Anyway, FC did have funky mutants to fight, it was basically a SF B-movie turned into a game. However, for the day it looked incredible and awesome wide open islands that let you do things in a most non-linear fashion. You had certain objectives that HAD to be done, but you could easily sneak around and avoid more than half the guys if you tried. Really the only thing i didn't like was the final level or two which were a bit over-the-top difficult and silly.

FC2 is not being done by the guys that did FC1 and Crysis. Ubi owns the rights to the name, so they're making FC2 with a different internal team. The odd thing is you're not playing the same character and it basically has NOTHING to do with FC1 at all. They might as well have called it "African Safari".

Anyway, FC did have funky mutants to fight, it was basically a SF B-movie turned into a game. However, for the day it looked incredible and awesome wide open islands that let you do things in a most non-linear fashion. You had certain objectives that HAD to be done, but you could easily sneak around and avoid more than half the guys if you tried. Really the only thing i didn't like was the final level or two which were a bit over-the-top difficult and silly.

Hmmm, good to know! The way they are going and what direction sounds rather interesting and i must say the environment in which the engine is going to be they have stated is going to be one large map aprox 1kil large and it is going to be someone on a presistence.

Cheers,

Acidrain

J/M...you are right about the openness...I saw around half the island until I finally found a sweet spot...climbed up the hill in the middle of no-where...and there in a stand of jungle was a downed IJN fighter hidden! So cool...

They have a really good in game video on the site and its rather interesting though it also reminds me of Crysis though the engine isnt like this FC2.

Cheers,

Acidrain

Oh, that was the level with the beached IJN carrier, right? There were actually at least 2 maybe 3 planes strewn around that island.

That's one difference between FC and Crysis...FC was multiple islands, with each level pretty much on a different island with a couple of exceptions. Crysis is one far larger island that you spend the whole game on, and after the first few along the coast you start moving inland.

I love FarCry's Engine, and the CryEngine, its' absolutely incredible....I just hated multiplayer in every game they've put out.....probably won't like FC2 either. I'd love to see America's Army use that engine...but...not luck in that happening.

Fates

I love FarCry's Engine, and the CryEngine, its' absolutely incredible....I just hated multiplayer in every game they've put out.....probably won't like FC2 either. I'd love to see America's Army use that engine...but...not luck in that happening.

Fates

Hmmm, i wasnt all that impressed by the CryEngine nor Crysis as it was more less more hype and after release it was a dud!

Really? I think Crysis is one of the best SF shooters I've ever played. The stuff inside the ship is awesome with the whole zero g/3D flight thing. I just got out of the ship and the whole frozen landscape is very impressive.

Granted the thing is a beast of a performance hog, but Far Cry was fairly stressful on PCs when it came out too. By the end of this year I think we'll have machines capable of blasting Crysis along at a good clip.

Really? I think Crysis is one of the best SF shooters I've ever played. The stuff inside the ship is awesome with the whole zero g/3D flight thing. I just got out of the ship and the whole frozen landscape is very impressive.

Granted the thing is a beast of a performance hog, but Far Cry was fairly stressful on PCs when it came out too. By the end of this year I think we'll have machines capable of blasting Crysis along at a good clip.

Yeah, i thought they had hyped the game more than anything else. While it is a resource hog, it isnt all that and i became rather bored after the single player and once i got into the mp it just wasnt all that. They seemed to put more into the single player without thinking about the mp, they over hyped Crysis and that is that. Its my opinion though many that i know share the same feeling.

Ah, well as somone who doesn't give a crap about any MP that's not coop (and so few games have it anymore), I've never tried nor do I intend to try playing MP Crysis. All I want is a good SP game with the ability to also play it through coop.

Ah, well as somone who doesn't give a crap about any MP that's not coop (and so few games have it anymore), I've never tried nor do I intend to try playing MP Crysis. All I want is a good SP game with the ability to also play it through coop.

You like playing SP in all games, no MP at all?

Only coop. I got burned out on stupid MP in games about 5 years ago.

From around the time of Q3A's release in early 2000 until around 2003 I spent time online in games like MOHAA, RTCW/ET, BF1942/DC, BFV, ST:EF, NOLF1/2, Joint Ops/Escalation, Jedi Outcast, and Jedi Academy. I might have forgotten a couple...

Anyway, by 2004 it seemed like all the "normal" players were gone. All you had were the clans and the cheaters (sometimes embodied in the same group!) and the fun was gone. Every attempt I've made since then in playing MP like that has had the same experience, including most recently Red Orchestra.

Now all I want is good coop for playing alongside a few people I know. Give me the ability to have up to 8 people vs AI and I'm good. I was driven off by the mass immaturity of public servers and I'm not going to bother joining some clan.