Sign in to follow this  
chuckman

what is the newest IL-2 game

What is the latest IL-2 game?I just bought IL-2 Forgotten battle because i was told it was the newest one.This thing is old outdated and doesnt look any differance than the first game.I feel like i just threw $19.95 in the trash.

Before i go out and buy Il-2 1946 i want to know if it is better than forgotten battle ?I have way to many flight sim`s pacific fighters, IL-2,CFS1&2 lock on (it rocks) Falcan 4.0 af and now forgotten battle.Does IL-2 1946 look better than forgotten battle and play better?Somebody give me the low down... :good: Forgotten battle for me was a waste of time ,outdated been there done that.

What is the latest IL-2 game?I just bought IL-2 Forgotten battle because i was told it was the newest one.This thing is old outdated and doesnt look any differance than the first game.I feel like i just threw $19.95 in the trash.

Hi. The latest in the IL-2 series is IL-2 1946.

You actuallly paid $ 19.95 for Forgotten Battles???!!!!!!

I'm sorry my friend.... but you've been had!!!!

Il-2 1946 combines Il2, Il2 forgotten battles, Pacific fighters plus all updates In addition there are quite a lot of new planes to fly...

By the way.. just for the record... I paid just $ 10.19 for IL2 1946. and yes, it's The 100% ORIGINAL VERSION...

Edited by Tomcat_ace

I paid $20 when I bought it, but yes, that's Il-2 46's current price and it is the latest version. It's only 4.06 out of the box and 4.08 is the latest (released) patch, but it has everything from FB since, including Aces Exp, Pac Fighters, 1946, Sturmoviks over Manchuria, and Pe-2/3 addons.

Just picked up `46 a week and a half ago for $25.

I think I picked a good time, as there are lots of cool things going on these days in the IL-2 world...

:good:

Re. IL-2 1946, I picked up mine in 'Game' today for £10. They were doing 2 games for £15 but I couldn't see another game I liked!

I gave the Tempest a quick spin lunchtime and just about managed to shoot down a Storch... tricky little blighters.

Considering how slow it flies it's not like you'll be sitting back there plinking away. One pass from the front or the side and it's down!

None of them are going to "look" much different.

And if you say they look bad, turn the resolution up, enable perfect mod and go fly over Italy.

8800 GT here and this sim cans till tear my system apart.

Its a flight SIM not a Game. More processing power is used on the FM and accurate plane and combat representation, not overall graphics quality

Although it still is a good looking Sim IMO.

I agree with Husky42, I have an 8800 Ultra and runs IL2-1946 with 1920x1200x32 at Perfect mode; it looks pretty decent to me.

Being an ‘old fart’ of flight-sim since the days of Atari and 286, it is my bumble opinion that the IL-2 series (IL-2, IL-2 FB, PF, 1946) ranks amongst one of the best ‘Survey Sims’. While It cannot nonestly compete in the ‘rivet-counting’ department against Study Sims such as the original Falcon 3.0, Tornado, or Su-27 Flanker (again, my personal 2cents), it nevertheless captures enough fidelity to put it firmly in the heavy-weight category. It is true that graphics is somewhat dated (Crysis it is not), but at least for me that is not a primary consideration when it comes to a simulation.

Like a good pint of Guinness, or any Sim for that matter, IL-2 is an acquired taste. There is absolutely nothing wrong for anyone to think it “sucks”, for after all, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder