Sign in to follow this  
Miracles

Bug when using Israeli Shafrir AA missile?

I downloaded some Israelis Mirage planes and load the Shafrir AA missiles(the Israeli's improved sidewinder) but at the instant the single mission started my planes and most of my flight planes would explode.

Is this a known bug?

something could be wrong with the ini. Delet the shafrir and try downloading it again. If the problem persists than try to see if it is the aircraft or terrain thats doing it. I had a similar problem when I modded a terrain wrong. My wingmen would just blowup on the taxiway.

something could be wrong with the ini. Delet the shafrir and try downloading it again. If the problem persists than try to see if it is the aircraft or terrain thats doing it. I had a similar problem when I modded a terrain wrong. My wingmen would just blowup on the taxiway.

Thanks Triplet I have found that I'm unable to duplicate this bug. Just now everything seems to run fine, I loaded the shafrir in Israel terrain and it was okay.

Weird

I also loaded the Shafrir in another terrain and it was okay too.... :dntknw:

Edit:

The bug is still there but it seems there's nothing wrong with the Shafrir missile. I think the problem lies in the Israel's terrain.

Edited by Miracles

The israel terrain wont work unless you have the dessert.cat file from strike fighters gold. It is impossible to take off withought the cat but you can start in mid air.

The israel terrain wont work unless you have the dessert.cat file from strike fighters gold. It is impossible to take off withought the cat but you can start in mid air.

just put another cat file in and rename it. Then the terrain works fine.

Why move a 50 meg file, when with a little simple text edit, you can accomplish the same thing?

From my WoE "Mid East Install":

[Terrain]

TerrainFullName=Israel 2

DataFile=Israel 2_data.INI

TargetFile=Israel 2_targets.INI

TargetTypeFile=Israel 2_types.INI

MovementFile=Israel 2_movement.INI

NationsFile=Israel 2_nations.INI

BriefingText=Israel 2_briefing.INI

DogfightFile=Israel 2_dogfight.INI

DogfightOnly=FALSE

CatFile=..\GermanyCE\GermanyCE.cat <-- just add this line

Longitude=29.0

Latitude=35.0

It's called the cat pointer trick, and is covered in the Knowledge Base "Getting Third Party Terrains to Work" (or a title similiar)

Wrench

kevin stein

that too. I do that if when i don't have a seperate install to make a period or regional install. In my main-everything in it including the kitchen sink install that is how I have them.

I like to tailor the installs though so that when flying single missions in Europe a Chinese or Pakistani fighter doesn't engage. I split of the WWII portion when my Foxbat wingman got is @$$ shot down by an F-4 (Wildcat!).

So in order to do a separate install you either have to copy the cat file and rename, or expand the link to go to the directory in the other part. On my now 3/4 a terrabyte system I don't worry too much now about having several copies things.

:biggrin:

psst.. its F4F-4 :ph34r:

with tailhook .. :ninja:

sigh...............

:biggrin:

:ph34r:

edit : added cool ninja

Edited by Crusader

Well I have the .cat file from SPF1 instead of SPF Gold. Readme says either will do fine.

The plane only explode whenever I pick Israel terrain and loaded the Shafrir.

Well let me correct it the exploding planes happens at random regardless of the weapons I choose to load. I'm downloading Gepard 1.5 Israel Terrain instead a modified 1.4