Sign in to follow this  
Firecage

New Cambrai targets file

I have a new WWICAMBRAI_TARGETS file to add a bit more realistic feel to the game.

This release (more to follow) has Balloons scattered around the map by a large amount from the original release.

I have added anywhere from 6-10 Balloons around the 6 major cities in the game as well as a few AAA sites in each.

Every airfield will have a balloon at its corner. I wanted to make it easier to fly to and from airfields and also add to some scenery to each area.

There are about 20-30 balloon recon stations that follow the front lines so at almost any point you cross no-mans land you should see at least 1 observation balloon somewhere near you.

All in all there are probably around 80-100 new Balloons and AAA added, mostly balloons.

Enjoy and thanks for any suggestions you may have to add to this.

You need to have the 2nd expansion pack for this to work.

This is ONLY the WWICAMBRAI_TARGETS file. Please back up your old targets.ini file before overwriting.

post-21750-1201758262_thumb.jpg

Here is the download link

Edited by Firecage

Excellent! More targets=more fun. Thanks FC! I know all too well how much work it is to do a mod like this. :good:

I have a new WWICAMBRAI_TARGETS file to add a bit more realistic feel to the game.

This release (more to follow) has Balloons scattered around the map by a large amount from the original release.

I have added anywhere from 6-10 Balloons around the 6 major cities in the game as well as a few AAA sites in each.

Every airfield will have a balloon at its corner. I wanted to make it easier to fly to and from airfields and also add to some scenery to each area.

There are about 20-30 balloon recon stations that follow the front lines so at almost any point you cross no-mans land you should see at least 1 observation balloon somewhere near you.

All in all there are probably around 80-100 new Balloons and AAA added, mostly balloons.

Enjoy and thanks for any suggestions you may have to add to this.

You need to have the 2nd expansion pack for this to work.

This is ONLY the WWICAMBRAI_TARGETS file. Please back up your old targets.ini file before overwriting.

post-21750-1201758262_thumb.jpg

Here is the download link

Where can I find the WW1 Cambrai_targets ini file?????

Excuse the stupidity!!

The link is under the last screenie. :biggrin:

Sorry for the confusion..where do I find the file in the game or do I just add this download to the Cambrai Terrains file?

The original targets .ini is in the terrain .cat file. I assume all you have to do to get the mod to work is put the downloaded file in the Crambrai terrain folder. Don't worry, confusion comes natural to me. :biggrin:

The original targets .ini is in the terrain .cat file. I assume all you have to do to get the mod to work is put the downloaded file in the Crambrai terrain folder. Don't worry, confusion comes natural to me. :biggrin:

Thanks for the help.....Peter

Sorry guys my bad for not being clear about installation. I have all the.cat file extraced and I forget that everyone doesn't have them unpacked.

I used the SFP1 extractor (its at this DL site) and extracted the wwicambrai_targets.ini file and did the editing to it.

As has been already said it goes into your terrain\wwicambrai folder. I used everything that was already available and just added alot more balloons in areas around bridges, rivers, airfields and such.

I find it very visul to have big dogfights around all the citys full of observation ballons as the fight is going on.

I also have more things I am working on adding a few more ideas and additions I have read some people here in the forums talk about. I have quite a few of the balloon AAA cover sites that will be three to four AAA at each balloon and using a maching gun mod to have a few bunkers maybe near them. I wanted it st start be a dangerous move to attack a balloon site.

THanks for all of you covering my butt on not adding good clear instructions on the download :good:

I will have the newer release with a week or so if no major problems happen on testing.

Edited by Firecage

post-21750-1202231345_thumb.jpg

Here is a map showing all the Cambrai Map Balloon sites with this version. AS you can see it is quite a few more than before and they follow the Front lines as well as cities and Airbases.