Sign in to follow this  
Fates

Speed and Angels

Speed and Angels anticipated June 2008 Release

cover.jpg

In 2003, Director Peyton Wilson entered the world of U.S. Navy fighter pilots. Thanks to unprecedented access granted by the Navy, Peyton captured and created the most intimate film ever made on fighter pilots. Epic High Definition aerial footage and stunning cockpit photography provide a dramatic backdrop for the larger story of fighting for your dreams.

Inspired by the passion of two young Navy officers she encountered, Peyton followed Jay and Meagan as they chased their childhood dream of becoming naval aviators flying the F-14 Tomcat. Their two and a half year journey takes them through dogfights in the Nevada desert, night landings on aircraft carriers off the Atlantic coast, and eventually to the biggest challenge young officers face: wartime deployment to Iraq.

What begins as a story of realizing a childhood dream turns into a story of fighting for one's life and career as Jay and Meagan face the realities of war.

Based on the original concept of producer F.A. Chierici, Speed and Angels is an action-documentary directed by Peyton Wilson.

The opened the doors on their new website.

http://www.speedandangels.com/

This looks like it might be good.

I love the title.

Speed and Angels(Altitude) and Brains.

2 of the 3 are needed for a successful flight

:yes: :ok::clapping::rofl:

I can't believe the planes will have been gone for a year by the time the movie is out...

wow, I didn't think a good, realistic fighter plane movie was possible. Maybe in this one a ham-fisted pilot won't crash because of the light breeze from an A-4...

Well, it's not a "movie", it's a documentary. There's a difference.

Hate to break it to you guys, but the DVD has been out for about 9 months now. I have it and it is pretty good.

What is this "releasing in 2008" crap? I got my copy on DVD months ago...like 6 months at least. and it is excellent!

Edited by Colt40Five

What is this "releasing in 2008" crap? I got my copy on DVD months ago...like 6 months at least. and it is excellent!

Same here, this documentary is awesome. My favorite part was when they're doing trap qualifications and you see the guys eyes go wide as he approaches the deck.

Really sweet watch, would recommend it to all aviation junkies.