Sign in to follow this  
Typhoid

Kuznetsov

The Russian carrier Kuznetsov with Flankers, helos and what looks like an Su-25 embarked as it recently passed through the Straights of Gibraltar leaving the sunny Med for her return trip to Murmansk.

The Russian fleet scheduler should be shot for sending that crew back home into the Arctic in February!!

nice shots. the link is in the slideshow.

Good pics. That Frogfoot is probably one of those two seat models the Russian Navy uses for training purposes.

Yeah the Russian Navy use the Su-25UTG IIRC.

Thanks a bunch Typhoid!! Time to re-open PSP6 :biggrin::good:

P.S. You wouldn't happen to have a descent photo of that 1st squadron Eagle would you?

Thanks a bunch Typhoid!! Time to re-open PSP6 :biggrin::good:

P.S. You wouldn't happen to have a descent photo of that 1st squadron Eagle would you?

Thanks!

what is PSP6 and what photo of a 1st squadron Eagle are you refering to? I've got a grunch of file photos, including Eagles, that I was going to upload to Major Lee's site, if he ever lets us mere slugs know where it is now.

Edited by Typhoid

No problem.

Thanks!

what is PSP6 and what photo of a 1st squadron Eagle are you refering to? I've got a grunch of file photos, including Eagles, that I was going to upload to Major Lee's site, if he ever lets us mere slugs know where it is now.

PSP6 is Paint Shop Pro 6, my preferred painting tool (ducks before Dave throws brick :biggrin: ).

The Eagle is the squadron emblem on the 1st squadron Flankers. There is a shot of it in the powerpoint slide show on Su-33 #61 but I can't seem to find a good shot of it so I can make a decal for a few skin WIPs.

Edited by drdoyo

The Russian fleet scheduler should be shot for sending that crew back home into the Arctic in February!!

The stockpile of Vodka they have on board will keep those poor souls warm no doubt.

PSP6 is Paint Shop Pro 6, my preferred painting tool (ducks before Dave throws brick :biggrin: ).

The Eagle is the squadron emblem on the 1st squadron Flankers. There is a shot of it in the powerpoint slide show on Su-33 #61 but I can't seem to find a good shot of it so I can make a decal for a few skin WIPs.

ahhhhh

Those are the only shots that I have. But I'll poke around a bit. Not much coverage of that wing so not a lot of shots around of it.

Thanks Typhoid!! I appreciate any help you can give. :good:

Awesome shots, and you can see some great shots of the 25UTG there too. Looks like 2 different sets of pics, one with a pair of planes on the bow and one with only one, and the Frogfoot in 2 different spots.

I have one word for the ship's captain though...paint!! :grin:

I have one word for the ship's captain though...paint!! :grin:

always a never ending chore. when on deployment anytime we were inport somewhere the painters would be over the side painting away. On the Kuz's cruise, they didn't make enough stops to keep up with that chore. So the North Atlantic in winter has taken its toll. I remember a crossing that not only took of paint, we lost antenaes, catwalk and parts of airplanes......

In a similar vein I recently came across the tale of the sale of the Varyag to China which is so farcical to be beyond belief. Sold at auction for $20 million as a tourist hotel in Macau only to turn up in a Chinese Naval shipyard painted grey and being refurbished to act as a training platform for the future Chinese naval air arm, how did I miss that bargain on Ebay!!

Heres a link to a website deicated to the Mystery of the Varyag

http://www.varyagworld.com/

post-27199-1202214375_thumb.jpg

Wow, the carrier that never was has its own "world"!

Actually that photo is going on a year old. Varyag is one of my continuing research projects.

Really? Jennifer Connelly is one of my continuing research projects...I don't want to trade. :biggrin:

Really? Jennifer Connelly is one of my continuing research projects...I don't want to trade. :biggrin:

LOL, I only research women I can touch :biggrin:

Well, that was my ultimate goal... :biggrin:

Use your Jedi mind tricks on her :biggrin:

Use your Jedi mind tricks on her :biggrin:

Jedi mind tricks don't work on her young padawan. :no:

She is from a species called woman.

Edited by drdoyo

Jedi mind tricks don't work on her young padawan. :no:

She is from a species called woman.

Braile, perhaps.....

:biggrin:

The Russian carrier Kuznetsov with Flankers, helos and what looks like an Su-25 embarked as it recently passed through the Straights of Gibraltar leaving the sunny Med for her return trip to Murmansk.

nice shots. the link is in the slideshow.

Great photo shots. Will the Frogs deploy their Super Etendards on the Kuznetsov while their carrier is in the yard like they did with the USN?

Edited by Jug

Great photo shots. Will the Frogs deploy their Super Etendards on the Kuznetsov while their carrier is in the yard like they did with the USN?

might be tough since she is back in Murmansk.