Sign in to follow this  
Peter Brooks

Flying the Spad V11

Is there a link to enable the Spad 7 in expansion pack to be flown as well as AI??

Peter

P10ppy's Spad VII Skin Pack he posted today includes everything you need to fly the plane. Just drop the SPAD7_180.ini, SPAD7_180_COCKPIT.ini, SPAD_7_180 Hangar Screen and SPAD_7_180 Loading Screen into your SPAD7_180 folder, and you are good to go! You can make the SPAD7_150 flyable by just editting these same file names to SPAD7_150_Cockpit.ini and SPAD7_150.ini. Drop the SPAD7_180 Hangar Screen and SPAD_7_180 Loading Screen into your SPAD7_150 folder without changing the names, and you won't have to edit the SPAD7_150.ini entries for them. You get two new flyables for one!

it's a little more complicated because you need to extract the Spad13 pit and place it in the Spad7 folder (i think, i did anyway :rolleyes: )

theres some info around somewhere here in the forum

Edit some pics

my Spad7_180 folder structure (note theres a few folders like the PSD folder that you wont have, and dont need)

gallery_23136_82_76800.jpg

the cockpit folder (spad13 files extracted from the ObjectData.CAT and placed in the Spad7_180/cockpit folder)

gallery_23136_82_1256.jpg

hope that helps

Edited by p10ppy

Actually, Peter, it is reasonaby simple, especially as it has all been done for you by P10ppy.....exactly as NeverEnough states in the case of the Spad.

But more generally to make AI planes flyable, people use the spad 13 or fokkerd7 cockpits, sometimes others - I use the Aviatik cockpit by the Ateam for the DFWC, for no particular reason.

So heres how you do it for these and other planes - try the salmson, its great to fly too, probably TKs best after the camel. Sometimes TKs AI-only planes are very good. He just made the decision not to invest the money for a seperate cockpit design, is all, therefore can't really pass them off as the full plane.

Step 1: extract or get a cockpit.ini from somewhere. I have included the Spad 13 here so you don't have do any extracting (sounds painful). Place it (or a copy) into the plane folder of the plane you want to make flyable, eg salmson. You don't need to rename it or anything.

SPAD13_COCKPIT.zip

Step 2: extract the ini files for the non flyable planes as P10ppy states. Included here is the Re8, Salmson, spad7s, DFWC5 inis so you don't have to do this yourself.

AI_Ini_Files.zip

Step 3: put the ini file ( "salmson.ini"), into the plane folder (eg, salmson), and modify the file by inserting the cockpit line in the following place/section at top of file (using salmson as example),

[AircraftData]

AircraftFullName=Salmson 2 A.2

AircraftShortName=Salmson 2

AircraftDataFile=Salmson2A_data.ini

LoadoutFile=Salmson2A_loadout.ini

CockpitDataFile=Spad13_cockpit.ini <---------- This

HangarScreen=Salmson_Hangar.bmp

LoadoutImage=Salmson_loadout.bmp

LoadingScreen=Salmson_Loading.bmp

step 4: open the cockpit.ini and play around with the cockpit postion so that it "fits" reasonably well, this can take some fiddling around, but you can quickly get something acceptable eg change these values and test by flying the plane, then readjust. It takes about 10-15 mins.

Position=0.0,0.09,0.74 <--------- this mainly

Offset=0.025,0.00,0.00

where values are x, y, z. And x is left/right, y is forward/backwards, z is up/down. Negative numbers can be used, for example in x direction, to move further to left than 0.00, of course.

In this case P10ppy has done this for you. I believe if you look around the CA D/L section you'll find one done for the Salmson about one year ago, maybe DFWC5. Or perhaps others can post what the numbers they use?

hope this makes sense.

welcome to the world of FE modding!!

cheers

Edited by peter01

Hello gentlemen,

I followed the lead given by NeverEnough and the SPAD7_180 works perfectly and instantly. Unfortunately I can't get the SPAD7_150 to work although I followed NeverEnough's post to the letter. The game doesn't regonize the SPAD7_150 in the single mission menu ( it isn't showed there, so you can't select it, so you can't fly it). I hope someone can help me out. I like the SPAD7_180 very much !

Regards,

Tooner

Hello christian59,

Problem partially solved. The game recognizes the SPAD7_150, I can select and fly it but ingame the fuselage's is empty inside, no stick and instruments etc.

Regards,

Tooner

sorry

i use the spad 7 from capun plane

with this data it work,may be :wink:

christian

ps:i have test: it work but the sight is very low

Hello christian59,

I guessed it was Capun's SPAD but didn't want to offend you. With your new file the SPAD7_150 is working perfectly ! Thank you very, very much.

P.s. I like the sight this way, helps me while shooting !

Regards,

Tooner

Edited by Tooner

Hello gentlemen,

I followed the lead given by NeverEnough and the SPAD7_180 works perfectly and instantly. Unfortunately I can't get the SPAD7_150 to work although I followed NeverEnough's post to the letter. The game doesn't regonize the SPAD7_150 in the single mission menu ( it isn't showed there, so you can't select it, so you can't fly it). I hope someone can help me out. I like the SPAD7_180 very much !

Regards,

Tooner

Good its working Tooner.

for those that have tried following NeverEnough's great and simple instructions, but didn't post, I think there is one thing further that needed to be done for the spad 7 (150). After doing as described it the post, open the spad_150.ini, and change the following or similar lines

AircraftFullName=Spad VII.C1 (180)

AircraftShortName=Spad 7

AircraftDataFile=SPAD7_180_data.ini

to

AircraftFullName=Spad VII C.1 (150)

AircraftShortName=Spad 7

AircraftDataFile=SPAD7_150_data.ini

The last line is important - without pointing to the correct data ini the game won't recognise or show the plane.

Edited by peter01