Sign in to follow this  
Syrinx

A1E Skyraider Skins

After a break away from all things flightsimmy\computery (been back in the world :wink: ) for a while I'm ready for another tour of duty in 'nam. Anyone know if mppd got round to doing his magic on the Razbam A1E ?

Edited by Nicky_Flygirl

Have you checked the downloads section my friend?

For the A-1E Skyraider? In the download section are only for the single seater Versions skins...

Have you checked the downloads section my friend?

Yessir, I checked Sir !

Just wondered if any were in the pipeline that's all.

Thanks.

Sorry Nicky,

I am still hoping to start this project - I have markings and serial numbers lined up, but recent events at home have taken up a bit of time lately. I still want to do these though, both grey and camo. Are you in the military by the way? First gal I ever knew who was into flight sims!

Mike D.

Sorry Nicky,

I am still hoping to start this project - I have markings and serial numbers lined up, but recent events at home have taken up a bit of time lately. I still want to do these though, both grey and camo. Are you in the military by the way? First gal I ever knew who was into flight sims!

Mike D.

That's fine Mike. No rush...if they are as good as your last and the Phantom work you did then I can wait for however long it takes.

Nope not in the military I'm afraid...I'm purely a civilian desk warmer who loves planes ! :rolleyes:

Yep, I don't know many others...certainly my friends think I'm a bit of a nut-job ! There is one American lady who's quite active on the FS9 front I believe.

Who says you need a bit of extra plumbing to like planes anyway ?? :biggrin:

Nicky,

Why thanks so much for the compliments! I'll try to get going on it but it looks like Corktip will beat me to it. I'll probably work on some real serial number decals for starters. (Oh, and you look very pretty from the pics in your profile by the way). Hope the moderators don't edit that out, it was only meant as a polite compliment on the side!

Mike D.

Aww...thanks, taken as intended. I've taken piccy off now after one or two unsavoury remarks from a couple of fools who shall remain nameless...unless they persist and I might have to name and shame...you know who you are.

Anyway, talons back in...yes I'm eager to see what Corky can come up with. It's all in the details as they say, I'm a stickler for getting it right that's why I like the serial numbers to be accurate etc.

I've managed to put my Spad's aside for a few days and I'm having a blast with the AH1-G Cobra. Flying a few pink team sorties with a loach...

Aww...thanks, taken as intended. I've taken piccy off now after one or two unsavoury remarks from a couple of fools who shall remain nameless...unless they persist and I might have to name and shame...you know who you are.

Give me names and I will have their charred remains sent to you.

:grin:

I do love a good BBQ :biggrin:

You supply the charred remains and I'll bring the beer.

Sorted !

I do love a good BBQ :biggrin:

You supply the charred remains and I'll bring the beer.

Sorted !

I love it when a plan comes together! :ok:

...and I'll supply the music.

Neil Diamond, I'm sure he's great, I really really do but...my Dad's kinda music. :tongue:

Tell you what, I'll meet you halfway. Say, Nuuk in Greenland, next Saturday 8pm local time. Great bar there, goes by the name of "The Frozen Monkey". They do have a strict dress code though, Parkas's and Salopettes and absolutely no trainers (sneakers).

Better lock this thread now before it goes too far me thinks. What a gal will do for a Skyraider skin :no:

Tell you what, I'll meet you halfway. Say, Nuuk in Greenland, next Saturday 8pm local time. Great bar there, goes by the name of "The Frozen Monkey". They do have a strict dress code though, Parkas's and Salopettes and absolutely no trainers (sneakers).

I'll have to get my arctic gear out of the attic and see if it still fits. Don;t worry about Neil, I just play his music for a good friend of mine here on the forum. :yes:

gear.jpg

Guys, if your balls are bigger than your brain you have a Problem...

Hey,

Come on Frank, just having a little fun. All friends here! Actually I'll try to set up some decal templates for serials for the A-1E. If someone else gets to a new skin before me that's great, I'll release a serial decals only mod. Just needed a little push to get back to the hobby after the loss of my Sam.

Mike D.

Hey,

Come on Frank, just having a little fun. All friends here! Actually I'll try to set up some decal templates for serials for the A-1E. If someone else gets to a new skin before me that's great, I'll release a serial decals only mod. Just needed a little push to get back to the hobby after the loss of my Sam.

Mike D.

Mike, my friend, no problem here... See no problem to make some jokes or make compliments but it´s not ok to write some dirty sh..

Good to see you back and "motivated" enough to work on a new Project! :good:

After a break away from all things flightsimmy\computery (been back in the world :wink: ) for a while I'm ready for another tour of duty in 'nam. Anyone know if mppd got round to doing his magic on the Razbam A1E ?

Pretty and into planes - now theres a rare and beautiful thing !

try not to scare her away guys :biggrin:

Boo ! :biggrin:

Well she's still here then.

Well she's still here then.

mmmm...which brings me back to the original question.

Corktip will you keep me posted on progress if you have some skins on the way please ?

Just upgraded to a new widescreen 22" monitor...wow what a difference compared to my old one !

Those Fat-face Spad's are gonna look super-sexy I just know it.

Nicky,

Why thanks so much for the compliments! I'll try to get going on it but it looks like Corktip will beat me to it. I'll probably work on some real serial number decals for starters. (Oh, and you look very pretty from the pics in your profile by the way). Hope the moderators don't edit that out, it was only meant as a polite compliment on the side!

Mike D.

Hey mate, instead of playing it Casanova, why don't you go ahead with the skins? :biggrin: (Joke only!)

But more seriously, if you're on something with th skins, go for it, I'm a bit "overworked" those times, lots of skins I'm working on, included the Spitfires one I've shown you for IL2. Still gotta do the Spitfire IXe, Vb and Ia for my Squadron, as well as some 109... So iy could take a long long time to complete the A-1e skins for me.

And Nicky, to concur with what Mike said, I must admit that it's pretty refreshing to see a girl who like to virtualy put her ass in an old stinky-oil stained-war battled Skyraider!

Edit: An a quick image to show you what I've done to the poor IL2 Spitfire IXc!

spitmu1.jpg

Edited by Corktip_14

The Spitfire looks superb!

I'm going to go ahead with the decals for serial numbers for both grey and camo A-1Es. When they are all done, I'll get back to you to see how far you've come with the skins at that point. Sound like a plan? I really like the decal system for WOV, not sure why more folks don't use it instead of painting directly on the bmps like we see more and more. Like any other sim, as the aircraft surface angles away, the bmp texture blurs like crazy, but the decals stay crisp to a superb degree. My hat's off to TK and anyone else at Thirdwire who had a hand in this idea.

Mike Druzolowski