Sign in to follow this  
Syrinx

A1E Skyraider Skins

The Spitfire looks superb!

I'm going to go ahead with the decals for serial numbers for both grey and camo A-1Es. When they are all done, I'll get back to you to see how far you've come with the skins at that point. Sound like a plan? I really like the decal system for WOV, not sure why more folks don't use it instead of painting directly on the bmps like we see more and more. Like any other sim, as the aircraft surface angles away, the bmp texture blurs like crazy, but the decals stay crisp to a superb degree. My hat's off to TK and anyone else at Thirdwire who had a hand in this idea.

Mike Druzolowski

Sounds like a deal Mike! The wings are already done, since I could use your super AD template for them. I'm on to build a fuselage template by now, and to have something that fits well with the wings one. It's on it's way!

Super! Looks great! I'll start tonight on some serials for the camoed birds by unit. Good to be back in the saddle again.

Mike D.

And that's good to work with you again Mike! Can you work on a complete decals set for 1st SOS camo A-1E? I'm on th skin right now, it should be ready by tonight! Screenshots coming in this afternoon.

Ok, as promised, here's the progress on the SEA camo for the A-1E. Don't look at the decals, it's just a stand off made with mppd's A-1H decals, so the skin won't look "empty":

a1eseajj9.jpg

Outstanding! Very, very nice...I have half of the decals done for all 5 units. 12-14 serials each for "TT", "TC" and "EC" birds. Can only dig up two "ET" coded fat-faces, and 7 "TS" coded birds. I still need to double-check the locations and sizes in-game to make sure that they are right.

Oh, by the way, 5 of them are black-bellied airplanes. How about E-mailing me a preliminary texture set and I'll give them a whirl? Hmmmm? I have a few hours free so I'll work on them now (after well over two hours sleep after an overnighter at work last night).

Mike

Outstanding! Very, very nice...I have half of the decals done for all 5 units. 12-14 serials each for "TT", "TC" and "EC" birds. Can only dig up two "ET" coded fat-faces, and 7 "TS" coded birds. I still need to double-check the locations and sizes in-game to make sure that they are right.

Oh, by the way, 5 of them are black-bellied airplanes. How about E-mailing me a preliminary texture set and I'll give them a whirl? Hmmmm? I have a few hours free so I'll work on them now (after well over two hours sleep after an overnighter at work last night).

Mike

It's on it's way Mike. It's not really finished, I've forget about one or two things to do on it!

Wait wait, there was a 2 seat Spad :blink:

Wait wait, there was a 2 seat Spad :blink:

Actually more like an 4 seater

:blink: A four seat Spad? :crazy: Thats cool. :rofl:

I have got to get me one of those !! Excellent work gents !

Awesome Cork, looking forward to these.

Corky that is one super looking Spad !

Keep it up (the good work!). :good:

Corky that is one super looking Spad !

Keep it up (the good work!). :good:

Won't answer to your last sentence, right? :biggrin:

I've modified a bit the dark green, wich is more green by now, the grey scheme is pretty much done, and the night scheme is completed. I'll have to rework the exhausts a bit, I'm not very satisfied of those ones, and then wait for Mike's wonderful decals!

That's what I call a winning team :rolleyes:

Having trouble again with the small three-digit numbers on the main gear fairing doors not showing up. What am I doing wrong?

Calling Prowler again....!

Mike

There is absolutely no rush for these boys, please take your time.

I wish I had the skills to do them...then again I could never hope to get anywhere near the level of proficiency required.

Big kudos to anyone who can.

Even the thought of trying to make a decal, let alone placement sends me into an unrecoverable flatspin. :yes:

There is absolutely no rush for these boys, please take your time.

I wish I had the skills to do them...then again I could never hope to get anywhere near the level of proficiency required.

Big kudos to anyone who can.

Even the thought of trying to make a decal, let alone placement sends me into an unrecoverable flatspin. :yes:

Depends how much time you have to invest in learning Photoshop or GIMP in regards to skins - you can come up with some useable stuff after a while - although to get anywhere near the standard of some of the skins produced on here takes some doing (and probably some art lessons) I must admit! :moil:

Still actually using them can be more fun :rolleyes:

Nicky,

Corktip sent me an early version of the skin and it looks great. I have about 30 tail numbers for EC/TC 1st SOS in the works, and about 32 TT, ET and TS birds. Would anyone be interested in a camoed 1966 version. No tailcodes, just serial numbers? Sort of bland, but if you fly a 1966 mission, that's the way they looked!

About 40 grey ones planned.

Mike D.

Mmh personally I would prefer only the grey ones with no tail codes, but that's only my opinion.

And Nicky, there's no rush here, it's just the way I do those things. If I'm into it, it would be done pretty quickly, otherwise it could take months lol.

Cork are you going to do some VNAF skins too????