I am making the MiG-17/J-5,and there will soon be REAL MiG-17 and J-5s.

Some screen shots of the J-5A/Mig-17PF interceptor made by 101tfs(fallout3 from the insky forum)

And a question here,I linked the J-5`s geardoor to the mesh of the landing gear,but the geardoor disappeared after the landing gear was totally retracted,what`s wrong with the part?Can anyone tell me?Thanks.

And if I make the skins with Thirdwire`s default skin,whom should I ask for permission?

post-5438-1202040483_thumb.jpg

post-5438-1202040496_thumb.jpg

post-5438-1202040529_thumb.jpg

post-5438-1202040544_thumb.jpg

post-5438-1202040575_thumb.jpg

Edited by 101tfs

Yippeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

Finally a complete MiG-17 radar mod!!!!

I bet I'm too bold if I ask you if you could do a complete remake

of the MiG-19P and PM??!!

I'm awaiting this one! Nice!!

And a question here,I linked the J-5`s geardoor to the mesh of the landing gear,but the geardoor disappeared after the landing gear was totally retracted,what`s wrong with the part?Can anyone tell me?Thanks.

You need to put the geardoor mesh out from the hierarchy of the main landing gear mesh (the one that you see in the ModelNodeName=... line in the landing gear section of the data.ini ) or simply change the HideGearNode=FALSE.

Definately have to credit TK, if the bird is mapped identicly. I uploaded 1024x1024 templates for the stock 17; feel free to use it if needed.

If using anything from the original Fresco-E mod, like avioncs ini and radar tgas, those modder would need crediting --that would also be my suggestion; why reinvent the wheel when it's already a 'been done thing', and readily available. Along with any cockpit makers, if using an aftermarket cockpit.

Plus a detailed readme as to what the end user MUST acquire and install from other sources, and where to find it.

Hope this comes to fruition...we've needed the correct 'body' for a while now! With luck, maybe the Farmers too??? Something to replace my half-assed, albeit workable, solution.

Wrench

kevin stein