Now that im banned from aaa for knowing to much, i figured im going to work here for the time being.

Any help is apreciated, My Teamspeak is 72.87.44.127:8767

I hope to get new aircraft into the game.

Please put your mod requests here.

Edited by Hellzone

Hey,

I'm interested in any number of java related mods, frankly.

The AI for one. In a recent patch (4.05?) they raised the min alt from zero, or near zero (I used to set b-25s at 8m to trick them to skip bomb) to 140m.

For the SWPA, this is grossly high.

Back in the day, I did MANY experiments on AI, and found planes behaving differently, and decided if I could only change the AI we scould have real 5th air force missions.

1. A-20 and B-25 default attack formation should be line abreast. In stock it is line astern. Load em with parafrags, and the rear AIs have to climb insanely to avoid the falling frags. Each plane climbs higher than the last as the frags start higher and higher. A total mess.

2. Min alt needs to go back to where it was before.

3. The russian plane, R-10 or the similar Su will fly at min alt to use cluster bombs. Dead level, and drops them fine. If the B-25s and A-20s had this AI setting, they would be perfect.

4. I had an idea ages ago about skip bombing. What if one bomb load for the B-25 was considered a "torpedo" even though it was really a couple 500lb bombs? The idea was that assuming the AI knows about fish, if a new fish were made with the AI thinking it had a speed of 150mph, and a range of 200m or so, perhaps they would skip bomb on purpose...

As an aside, I think that with an attention to realism, nothing should be off limits. There is too much in the java classes to ignore, IMO.

If your Refering to the AI Behaviors... I heard that some aircraft were better in 4.05 and below. 4.08 has some screwed up ones.

If thats what your talking about and your running 4.08 you can replace the aircraft that you want to behave differently with a classfile from 4.04-4.05 and possiably 4.06.

I dont know very much about missions... but i do belive that if you set the waypoint right before the set target to a low altitude such as 100ft. It should drop the bomb and it will skip, but im aware that the ones on 4.08 are kinda dumb and never do that.

So...

But your running 4.05 is that correct ?

Hey,

I'm interested in any number of java related mods, frankly.

The AI for one. In a recent patch (4.05?) they raised the min alt from zero, or near zero (I used to set b-25s at 8m to trick them to skip bomb) to 140m.

For the SWPA, this is grossly high.

Back in the day, I did MANY experiments on AI, and found planes behaving differently, and decided if I could only change the AI we scould have real 5th air force missions.

1. A-20 and B-25 default attack formation should be line abreast. In stock it is line astern. Load em with parafrags, and the rear AIs have to climb insanely to avoid the falling frags. Each plane climbs higher than the last as the frags start higher and higher. A total mess.

2. Min alt needs to go back to where it was before.

3. The russian plane, R-10 or the similar Su will fly at min alt to use cluster bombs. Dead level, and drops them fine. If the B-25s and A-20s had this AI setting, they would be perfect.

4. I had an idea ages ago about skip bombing. What if one bomb load for the B-25 was considered a "torpedo" even though it was really a couple 500lb bombs? The idea was that assuming the AI knows about fish, if a new fish were made with the AI thinking it had a speed of 150mph, and a range of 200m or so, perhaps they would skip bomb on purpose...

As an aside, I think that with an attention to realism, nothing should be off limits. There is too much in the java classes to ignore, IMO.

Edited by Hellzone

If your Refering to the AI Behaviors... I heard that some aircraft were better in 4.05 and below. 4.08 has some screwed up ones.

If thats what your talking about and your running 4.08 you can replace the aircraft that you want to behave differently with a classfile from 4.04-4.05 and possiably 4.06.

I dont know very much about missions... but i do belive that if you set the waypoint right before the set target to a low altitude such as 100ft. It should drop the bomb and it will skip, but im aware that the ones on 4.08 are kinda dumb and never do that.

So...

But your running 4.05 is that correct ?

No, 4.09.

The min alt is now 140m, they will not go lower, set the waypoints, they climb to 140m.

When that patch happened (2006?) I emailed oleg about it with some tracks, and he said that due to AI crashing into mountains (via poor mission design, presumably), they raised the min alt to 140m.

I know squat about the class files, just that I want to see what's inside, lol. I tried a hex editor, but made out nothing (unlike SH4 where I don't grok all of it, but can at least see things).

tater