Sign in to follow this  
hgbn

Korean War Mod for WOE

Is there an such in the works??? If not and If it is needed by anyone else than me, please say so. and I will take my share of the work, I cant handle it alone so I need help. Have a lot of ideas. It could be fun with swarms of infantry attacking UN forces and night interdictions with A-26B/C invaders and if possible a lot of carrier ops.

Well few months ago I started making whole new Korean terrain. I made the new tiles based on satelite imagery that would be best described as Korea in Autmn, I originally intended to make it for modern Korea scenarious but...

Anyway it's not finished the worst thing is missing - targets. I really don't have the time to finish it anytime soon but if somebody would like to go for it...I'm willing to give it away

Somewhere here, hiding on my HD, is a massivly updated targets setup for the original (freeware) version of Edwards Korea terrain, set up for early 1950s.

Added all the usual places; factroies, truck depots, train stations, shipwrecks, etc...

If there's any interest, I'll have to find it from wherever it's hiding

Wrench

kevin stein

Yes, bring it on. KAW is one of my favorites.

Edited by Czech6

Somewhere here, hiding on my HD, is a massivly updated targets setup for the original (freeware) version of Edwards Korea terrain, set up for early 1950s.

Added all the usual places; factroies, truck depots, train stations, shipwrecks, etc...

If there's any interest, I'll have to find it from wherever it's hiding

Wrench

kevin stein

let it out wrench

Oooh, where is my Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig??? Voting the higer values!!! Wheeeer is my Miiiiig :shout:

Looking GREAT :ok:

This looks just so greaaaaaaaaaaat, would be a vaste if it never be finnished. Can we agree on that??

Hey Brain, is it repainted tiles or is from scatch???

It's vietnamSEA tileset repainted at 512x512 with help of GoogleEarth :wink:

Ofcourse it's adjusted for korea and the best thing is.....it's finished :D just need to plant trees and build some buildings, however the HFD needs some work(I made a new one but indentical area as 1st korean terrain for SF) and there's the targets...

Like I said I have no time to finish it alone anytime soon, but if you assemble a team for KAW I can offer my tiles and do some work but I can't dedicate to it...

I will try that :biggrin:

That city/port tileing look great!! Needs some parked ships though...

Ok, guys, just to let you know I did find it -oddly enough in my stand-alone SF Korea install!!!

looking at the enclosed readme, it seems I used the 1000km x 1000km prototype by fng2k - dated 10/03. There still seems to be some confusion, on my part, as to just WHICH map I've used - it was 2 years ago!

Assembling the package will take some time, and I don't remember what all I actually added (objects wise). I also want to go back and re-do the types ini; several new trick I've learned since then. (11/06 was the last time I worked on the targets ini). I places objects (parked tanks and such) directly into the terrain folder, so I want to move them back to "UseGroundObject=TRUE".

Also a listing of ships, tanks, etc that'll be needed for the time frame. Might take several days; possibly up to "2 weeks" :haha:

I'm on it! Never fret!

I had some screenies somewhere...I'll have to find them so you all can see what's up.

Wrench

kevin stein

I have researched a little on the Korean air War got a list of squadrons and planes from various countrys, and most of the planes are availlible allready. I loved the old Korea mod but, I do think more types of planes such as the A-26B/C is missing

Hey guys, who want to help here???

That city/port tileing look great!! Needs some parked ships though...

Thx I think I took it from Pusan but not 100% sure

Ok, guys, just to let you know I did find it -oddly enough in my stand-alone SF Korea install!!!

looking at the enclosed readme, it seems I used the 1000km x 1000km prototype by fng2k - dated 10/03. There still seems to be some confusion, on my part, as to just WHICH map I've used - it was 2 years ago!

Well if that's korea_1k.hfd this is where I started too :biggrin:

...most of the planes are availlible allready.

Yeah, basically polishing up the terrain and making a campaign and off we go :ninja:

It would be nice if it could historical correct in most cases, if that is possible?? And maybe add some post war birds to the collection if the war drags on, Imagined somewhat like birds up to 1960 maybe, without to ruin the orginal idea

exploring that folder a little more....

the dates I have for the tfd and hfd are:

korea.hfd = 10/14/06

korea.tfd = 10/14/06

Want to make suer we're all on the same page!

Wrench

kevin stein

Well nope, I was working on earlier one, without the rivers...but I can adjust the TFD accordingly :wink:

I'll start to write down a list of units and where they should be placed at which airfield and so, So we dont have to start at square one. Have a lot of informations to sort out and this will take some time I guess