Sign in to follow this  
SayethWhaaaa

Call me Cheaty McCheater

K, finished this game ages ago, Mp's fine and all, but what I want to do is to be able to use other weapons in Sp that I normally wouldn't have access to. For example, I'm in love with that silenced M-21... love it in Blackout. But for some GD reason, I can't get the cheats to work!

Now in the past, the CoDs have essentially had 2 maps, regular and developer maps. They're identical except that in the dev maps, you can cheat your arse off. I'm guessing this is the same for CoD 4 but I'm missing something as it doesn't seem to work for me. Activating the cheats should be as follows:

Enable the console from the game's in-game options. Hit the tilde key (~) to drop the dev-console. Type "seta thereisacow 1337" and then press ENTER. Type spdevmap bog_a and then press ENTER. This will start the game with cheats enabled. When playing, drop down the dev-console and enter the codes (give all, god etc)

My problem is that after I type in the map name (ie spdevmap blackout), I either get an error or I get into the map and I get nothing from the cheats...

...lil help anyone?

Don't know about all that tilde key stuff, but if in SP you found the laptops and picked up all 30 of them (or 10,15,20) you unlock the different "cheat" modes. Keystone cops is a laugh riot!

The CBU grenades are a blast!!!!

Couldn't imagine that in MP talk about a nade spam! :biggrin:

Hello, Cheaty McCheater. Hello? Don't be so gullible, McCheater!

Hello, Cheaty McCheater. Hello? Don't be so gullible, McCheater!

Hehe, yeah good on ya! :biggrin: I do dig those CBU grenades. Join that with unlimited ammo and it kinda reminds me of the early version of CoD UO mp when some bugger scored the arty strike and would incessantly call it in again and again... only game that ever game me shell shock! :tongue:

Still no luck on the weaps... or the canards, but that's a different kettle of fish.

Although, I have noticed that if you're using the M-16A4 in SP and you have unlimited ammo on, the M203 becomes an automatic spud lobber! Just like the one mounted in the CH-46... :blink: