Sign in to follow this  
Apocal

A question of etiquette...

The question I have is regarding modifying 3rd party aircraft. I've been playing around the MiG-29A Fulcrum-C created by wpnsgt and modified further by Typhoid. I managed to tweak (with a helluva lot of help from other posters) a few things I think are unrealistic with the aircraft and I was wondering if it was considered alright if I tried to get the original author to update their uploads with the fixes? Or should I just go out and make my own MiG-29?

If all you've done is make .ini changes, you can UL those files here by themselves, giving credit to those who made the model the .ini files go to, of course.

If you are going to UL an entire plane, then you should get their permission.

It sounds to me like you didn't make any changes to the 3d model, so you shouldn't have to worry about it. Just UL the .ini files you've changed in zip/rar format.

If all you've done is make .ini changes, you can UL those files here by themselves, giving credit to those who made the model the .ini files go to, of course.

If you are going to UL an entire plane, then you should get their permission.

It sounds to me like you didn't make any changes to the 3d model, so you shouldn't have to worry about it. Just UL the .ini files you've changed in zip/rar format.

Well, I added in a different pit as well, an original one and something I didn't do.

Edited by Apocal

Well, I added in a different pit as well, an original one and something I didn't do.

Then you'll need the original authors permission for the thing you didn't do.

Everything else is ok to UL. Try PM and/or a post to the original.... if in say two weeks you don't hear from him/her....post away.

Follow the guidelines in the "Check YOur Mods Before Uploading" thread, sticked above.

I do it all the time; upload 'incomplete' aircraft paks, containing inis and skins, with full instructions for end users to follow on transferring files.

Look at the A6M Zero paks I've uploaed over the past few weeks; use my readme as a guideline/template for instructions.

Wrench

kevin stein

Anything by wpnssgt I take care of now. So pm me.

Anything by wpnssgt I take care of now. So pm me.

Hey, what happened to him anyway?