Sign in to follow this  
sparkomatic

SuperEF2000

So, I just read that SuperEF2000 was made for windoze...anyone have a copy lying about? Looked on eBay, no joy...

So, I just read that SuperEF2000 was made for windoze...anyone have a copy lying about? Looked on eBay, no joy...

LOL. about some 12 years ago.

BTW its abandonware now since the DID who made it and Rage Software which bought DID both went broke

Download for free: Underdogs

Edited by Mladuna

Hey, thanks! Downloading now...had never heard of abandon-ware before...what do you call like Freespace, ones that were opened up for free-ish?

Where is the download button or such?

Learn the power of Underdogs :biggrin:

Scroll down to "Where to get it" there chose between BitTorrent download and a simple one (one that says "click here to download [66MB]"). It'll take you to a page with bot protection. Type in the code and off you go. If you use a download manager forbid it to open multiple connection as it will give you an immediate ban for quite some time. And be ready for a reaally slow downlaod - the website is barely alive, not updated for two years. We're lucky it's still around.

Thanks. Yeah it is taking a really long time :yes:

LOL! I found F-19!

Also why do I have (OFFLINE) on my bar at the top?

Edited by JA 37 Viggen

Maybe something Here? Like HIIND with manual :wink: Language switch in top-right, sorting options in bottom left. Non-Russian users have limited download speed. Server is dead slow in daytime but kicks in at higher speed in small hours and till noon. For quick reference - it's 16:51 now down here, look at posting time and fugure out the difference.

Another site "must see" site for all nostalgic guys Tornadoman's bunker

Here you will find the a lot of manuals and strategy guides for old sims.

Edited by Mladuna

F-19...man I should look for that sweet old Tornado game then...

I think they had Tornado :dntknw:

I never played any version of EF2k online, so I wouldn't notice!

For all question about EF2000, especially regarding multiplayer ask these guys: SimHq TAW forum

I think they are the last guys in the world playing EF2000 in multi player.

Edited by Mladuna

For all question about EF2000, especially regarding multiplayer ask these guys: SimHq TAW forum

I think they are the last guys in the world playing EF2000 in multi player.

HeHe I am one of the Last from SimHQ ;)

HeHe I am one of the Last from SimHQ ;)

Hi guys, new here to CA. I used to play EF2000 in its old DOS based days, was an absolutely fantastic flight sim, im looking for a new flight sim now as ive been out the loop for ages. Any recomendations, im looking for something that not only looks great but has good scaleability too. I like realism, but not too keen on it taking me half an hour just to take off. If you get what i mea. Any advice would be great.

Cheers

Hoops

Lock On is the closest to thing to EF2K in that dept I think. It's realistic to a point, but not the whole-hog that say Falcon 4 went with.

WOE is cool...a lot of options and mods...can be very casual and if you have the time, can be quite entertaining...but I concur...LOMAC has a lot of options and is more scalable because it can be a sim or a game...

Okay since it's Friday and I'm going on a date, I'll download Super EF2000.

Question. How do I install it?

Okay since it's Friday and I'm going on a date, I'll download Super EF2000.

- You had to say that after I said I would be nice...no fair...

Question. How do I install it?

Unzip, unrar, run Setup, after installation run via shortcut in start menu

You'll probably need to run both setup.exe and the game in compartibility mode with Win95.

Hey, thanks! Downloading now...had never heard of abandon-ware before...what do you call like Freespace, ones that were opened up for free-ish?

As I said in the BSG section, FreeSpace is not abandonware. Simply Interplay does not care anymore about it, so you can find official installers.

This thread on Hard Light Production analyzes the EULA. When you install FS2, the EULA says:

You may make copies of the Software for your personal noncommercial home entertainment use and to give to friends and acquaintances on a no cost noncommercial basis.

However, after installation, the EULA installed in the game doesn't have that clause. This means that, like all other games, you can't borrow your games.

For more info, take a look here (it's a FAQ by an admin of HLP).

BTW, the HOTU version is ripped down... it lacks cutscenes and speech...

Since Interplay has much more problems other than preventing piracy of an almost 10 years old game, they are simply ignoring the installers. I'd give you a link, but since it's download of copyrighted content I can't post it here. USAFMTL and Fates have already been too permissive when they allowed me to post a link in the BSG section, and I have to thank them for that.

I'm getting an error saying that the _SETUP.DLL

I found it below the setup.

- You had to say that after I said I would be nice...no fair...

Where did you say that you were going to be nice to me?