Sign in to follow this  
peter01

"White" skins

More accurately, skins not showing...

Are others experiencing this problem with the Expansion pack?

Many addon skins don't show up, and its weird. I've d/l'ed hundreds I guess for previous version and never ever had a problem.

Its weird because, its not all, for example, and these are just not sinbad's, as in examples below (sorry sinbad using your skins as an example, but I d/l all of yours, they are so good):

- hanriot skins in initial d/l all worked. Additional skins don't show.

- recent AlbatrosD3OAW, that I installed in one go, and most are fine, two are not - the Sworls

I've done various things over past weeks to no avail. Sometimes as a result even the default skins don't show up, then I retore my old ini etc etc?

Edited by peter01

Peter i'm not sure (I've never encountered it)

you could try deleting the texture tails of the aircraft.ini's to let them rebuild themselves (sure you have tried that)

:dntknw:

For me it is only in Instant Action. My Jasta 18 D7F is as white as beached whale, teammates paint is OK. It is also fine in Single Mission and Multi-player. I am using the Jasta 18 D7F skins from the original game - not real fond of the EP re-paint. Tried a number of different approaches, all to no avail, so awaiting your solution. Good luck.

hello

same problem

the two Sworls for the AlbatrosD3OAW are white the auther skin work well

Sorry about that!

Rename the folders and the texture sets "Brumowski 15345" and "Brumowski 15352" deleting the "Sworls"

That should do the trick.

I will reload the skin pack.

I did tests before loading but apparently not thorough enough.

When I develop and test skins it is usually in a folder named "TEST" without a new texture set.

I thought I tested these in final form, but apparently not.

There is something in the game that does not like Brumowski 15345Sworls" or "Brumowski 15345 Sworls".

There is probably some upper limit on the number of characters in the data field.

I'm glad someone is actually flying these!

sinbad

post-6006-1202555680_thumb.jpg

Thanks Sinbad, that did the trick.

It also fixed a couple of the extra HD1 skins I had trouble with as well.

BTW, I'm not sure if I did something wrong, but the Dva skins didn't work initially for me. When I looked at the folders the addon skin bmp files were named "Albatros_DVa_1" etc, whilst the stock ones I had that worked were called "Albatros_DV_1" etc. Didn't post as I thought as nobody else had a problem, it must have been something I did. But when renamed them they worked fine. I assumed its because TK calls the files "Dv", for both new Dv and DVa, to distinguish from the old Dva model (which I have in my EP game too) bmp files which are "Dva", if that all makes sense.

Thought I'd mention it just in case.........

Anyway thanks again for all the hard work - must be 30 skins!! And fantastic job too.

There is probably some upper limit on the number of characters in the data field.

Well if the Italians and Austians had shorter names . . .

hmm... perhaps a space in the skin name, right before the .bmp .. that's not visible in normal file view

This will now be carefully tested before release. As in so many matters gone off track, procedural error combined with substantive mistake. It reminds me again of the monumental tasks and organization necessary to produce a good sim. I an tinkering with the flower garden. TK built the house, driveway, plumbing and utilities.