Sign in to follow this  

Working on my list of aircrafts for the Korean War, I need a Il-10 could the Il-2 be used as an stand in??? They looks almost the same

Well, I'm waiting for an Il-10 too...IL-10 is faster, more nimble and more armoured than Il-2. It carries less ordnance too.

An ini tweak must could do the trick or?? Or am I missing something??

Working on my list of aircrafts for the Korean War, I need a Il-10 could the Il-2 be used as an stand in??? They looks almost the same

Il-10 and Il-2? ... the difference is 8 :biggrin: .

Il-10 and Il-2? ... the difference is 8 :biggrin: .

DING DING DING DING. Yes sir you are correct. You win a cupie doll. :biggrin:

IL-10 had a better armament and was aerodynamicly surerior to the IL-2

If I remember right, the 10 is also a single seater; no rear gunner

I have a 'stand-in' version in my KAW install, still using the IL-2, the summer skin, and just stuck some NKAF insignia on it.

Needs a slight decal tweek to the SovNum on the tail (just a little too large). Other than that, it's a semi-done deal.

I'll try and post a couple of screenies when I can.

Wrench

kevin stein

my grandpa (or maybe great grandpa) flew an Il-10. I'd really like to get my hands on one of those!

Il-10 was a two seater, not a single seater. Some Il-2 were single seaters (first series).

Il-10 was also a little smaller than Il-2.

they were similar but a little different.The IL-10 had better streamlining and some different equipment.An ini edit will be ok but not perfect.

Il-10 was aerodynamicaly superior and had a bit more powerfull engine. At wery low altitude (below 1000 meters) its performance was comparable to contemporary fighters. "Early" production aircraft had standart armament of 2 7.62 MGs and 2 23mm cannons in wings and 12.7mm MG in rear turret. "Late" aircraft had 4 23mm cannons and 20mm cannon in rear turret. Czechoslovakia build B-33s had 4 20mm guns in wings and 20mm turret. All versions had a maximum bombload of 400kg - 2-4x 50kg or 100kg bombs, 4 rockets. I don't know when production switched from "early" to "late" variants, some sources say that late aircraft were post Korean War build. Anyway an ini edit can make a good stand in until somenone makes a real il-10.

Well it had 2000HP(take off rating) engine, was shorter, slightly heavier and with smaller wings, allgedly it had MUCH better handling than il-2's, it's deck speed was 505kmh so not nearly as good as 1945 fighters but still some 100kmh faster than last Type 3M version of il2.

The IL-10 looks rounder,the nose is different,the wings looks smaller...

If you want I can upload some il2 compare pics some side by side pics with il2 and 10?

That would be a nice thing, those pics I got is blurred and bad quality

Have only those lost my old ones, they were damn good .. if this doesn`t fit your expectations I can upload some new and better one..

This is nice thanks, the Il-10 is to be a AI plane in my mind, I can see some differences in the two, but I dont think it will ruin the act if the Il-2 will be used as an stand in to and if someone make a Il-10

If you have Il-2 46, both are in there. I prefer the Il-2 for its larger payload. :grin:

If you have Il-2 46, both are in there. I prefer the Il-2 for its larger payload. :grin:

Well the problem is that it is for WOE :biggrin: