Sign in to follow this  
The_Editor

Aircraft numbers not appearing after aircraft loses

I have got to a certain stage in a campaign where the aircraft numbers do not show anymore on some aircraft(I am using a non stock aircraft and some non stock skins).

Is it because the aircraft loses go above the numbers availiable.

Is there any way to reset the numbers back to normal.

Thanks in advance.

Depends on how many decals the person made. Example I used to do like 11 or so decals. Well I ran into that very problem you describe. So now I try to do a minimum of 15 to 16 to solve that problem. Make sense?

Thanks for the reply.

I have deleted the campaign and started a new one with the same result of the numbers not showing(can't even set them in the loadout screen). I have also tried to add another pilot, but still with the same result.

The aircraft are ok in single missions.

There must be some file somewhere in WOV that stores the number of aircraft used in campaigns already deleted. I have looked, but cannot find anything.

Edited by The_Editor

But if the original maker didn't make enough decals for the 3rd party skins then you will always run into that problem.

Open up the campaign's _data.ini.

Find the squadron you're flying as, and change StartNumber=0.

Restart your campaign and see if this fixes your problem.

As USAFMTL said, if you lose more aircraft than the skin's author made number's for, this will happen. If you changed a stock campaign to use a 3rd party skin, you need to set this value to 0.

For some squadron's in a stock campaign, it starts at a high number. This is ok for stock skins, since TK made enough numbers to go around. This is how he get's the proper numbers on the Naval squadrons.

Thanks for the reply.

I have deleted the campaign and started a new one with the same result of the numbers not showing(can't even set them in the loadout screen). I have also tried to add another pilot, but still with the same result.

The aircraft are ok in single missions.

There must be some file somewhere in WOV that stores the number of aircraft used in campaigns already deleted. I have looked, but cannot find anything.

There is an easy way to ensure that the numbers for your aircraft will show up in a campaign (even when there are just 12 available)

Open the campaign_data file and search for the unit you want to play the campaign with:

Check whether your airunit contains the line I've marked below. IMHO units using 3rd party skins should always have this line.

[AirUnit060]

AircraftType=A-4B

Squadron=VA15

ForceID=1

Nation=USN

StartDate=4/1966

RetireDate=12/1967

DefaultTexture=USNGrey1

StartNumber=0 - setting this number to '0' means that the first number will chosen.

However, in order to work two conditions must be met.

1. The skin folder should contain a file called numbers.lst

Without it you won't be able to select a specific number and have to depend on the game engine's RNG that will pick the number instead.

2. The decals must be numbered (ie. num000, num001, etc.)

There are some skins that do not contain a decal named num000, thus breaking the sequence....at least this has been my experience so far.

Edited by Gocad

There is an easy way to ensure that the numbers for your aircraft will show up in a campaign (even when there are just 12 available)

Open the campaign_data file and search for the unit you want to play the campaign with:

Check whether your airunit contains the line I've marked below. IMHO units using 3rd party skins should always have this line.

[AirUnit060]

AircraftType=A-4B

Squadron=VA15

ForceID=1

Nation=USN

StartDate=4/1966

RetireDate=12/1967

DefaultTexture=USNGrey1

StartNumber=0 - setting this number to '0' means that the first number will chosen.

However, in order to work two conditions must be met.

1. The skin folder should contain a file called numbers.lst

Without it you won't be able to select a specific number and have to depend on the game engine's RNG that will pick the number instead.

2. The decals must be numbered (ie. num000, num001, etc.)

There are some skins that do not contain a decal named num000, thus breaking the sequence....at least this has been my experience so far.

Thanks guys.

StartNumber=0

Worked a treat. All the aircraft in the campaign are showing the right number decals, now.

Many thanks. :no: